Walther Forums banner
181 - 200 of 241 Posts
Hey everybody. I've been fairly absent, but not completely dead yet. I've just started browsing gunbroker again and I'm seeing a few P5's for far less than $1k, and not even selling.

This makes me think there is more to a P5 than just "being a P5." If I wanted to try to get a reasonable P5 for a reasonable price, what should I be looking to pay, and how do I know what to look for? (e.g. how do I not spend 2x for a piece of junk, had I known better?)

As far as I can tell, looking at this reference:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p5/21101-walther-p5-variations-discussed.html

I am interested in one of the latter revisions (7 or later) where the little trigger stop pin is adjustable (on the frame not the trigger itself). Beyond that I don't really know "what to care about." I'm not looking for a safe-queen, more of just a "fun at the range" type stuff, but it would also double as my carry should I ever start carrying (already have a conceal carry license, but don't yet own a pistol).

Here is an example that would seem to fit the bill, but why is no one biting at $650?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863893773

thanks,
..dane

The GB P5s under 1k are well worn BMW lineouts (police trade in), and have the huge "billboard" PW Arms import mark on the frames.

These are great shooters, and worth the $650-$750 price most sell for.

I almost purchased a BMI lineout for a shooter, found an almost new (+95%) commercial P5 (Var8) for under $900 (including shipping and FFL fee) to be my shooter.

I installed 8# springs (16# of recoil spring force) and shoot this frame with the original 3.5 barrel, and the slide/barrel off my Lang (with 124gr/1200fps 9mm Para). This allows me to minimize the Langs alloy frame wear, and shoot the 6" barrel on an adjustable trigger stop Var8 frame.

I grabbed an ex-Deutsche Bank security P5 for a shooter too, kept the 6# springs, swap a 30 Luger (7.65 Para) P5 barrel on it (found the barrel on ebay).

Reactions: GeoNole94
Wow, nearly 2600 dollars for a "normal" P 5.
14 months ago I paid just 300 euros minus 50 euros trade-in for an S&W M 60, that is 250 euros, for a rarer variant of the P 5 c.
I've already mentioned elsewhere that I would be ready to sell the P 5 c. The minimum bid would be 850 euros plus fees for sales to the USA plus shipping fees. The formalities for the sale from Germany to the USA would also have to be regulated by the buyer except for those that I have to do in Germany.
P. S. If requested by the moderation, this contribution can also be moved to the corresponding sub-forum.
P. P. S. I am not forced to sell the P 5 c for any reason.

Reactions: Redcat94
That 3800 euro is the knockdown price (4646. US dollars). Hermann Historica adds a 25% buyers premium on that. So this Lang is over $5800 US dollars just to get it out of the auction house. Once export/import fees and packaging/shipping costs are added on, this gun easily exceeds $6k. 😮
For a shooter grade gun with one mag, and none of the other items it left Ulm with (box, 2nd mag, test target, cleaning tool....)

I still can't believe that the P5 lang was never a mass produced production pistol. I'd like to know what Walther was thinking when making that decision. Why does Walther make such poor choices ?
I've found that switching the Lang barrel and slide onto my 8th Gen frame (adjustable trigger stop) P5 (been fitted with 8lb recoil springs (16 lb total)), is an awesome shooter with 124gr/1200 fps +P ammo.
When shooting out beyond 50yds, that 124gr 9mm round gets there like the 7.64x21 (30 Luger) round, but hits much harder.
It has similar muzzle rise to my 3.5" 30 Luger barrel (6 lb springs) P5.
The more I shoot long barrel 9mm handguns, the more I like them.
I have another 9mm handgun coming this week, a NIB example of a firearm I already own. 🤔

My son likes shooting the 40oz all steel Baby Desert Eagle 9mm so much, I suggested he purchase my used one.
These are very similar to the old Jericho 941s, but with a 1913 Pic rail added.
It has very little recoil with a 6oz SureFire X400U light/laser mounted on the rail.

After he accepted my offer of sale, I knew it would be missed.
Had to purchase another NIB off GB 😄.......

TAI has P5 Lang #74 up on Gun Broker. Seven units before my Lang (#81).
Should be interesting to see where it goes. I'll bet it exceeds $8k.

Well, the GB P5 Lang from TAI is currently bid to right around $5k once tax and shipping is added. I'm dropping out with 5 days left on the auction.

Would like to add a P5 Lang safe queen to my collection, but not for much over double what I spent on my lightly used P5 Lang shooter imported from Germany in early 2019.

Hope it goes to a good collection that has a few other P5s to keep it company. 😄

Don't ya just hate it when a couple of newbs start buttin' heads and biddin' the price into oblivion. Well, I guess if your the seller, you love it.....a perfect storm. 😂 😂 😂

While you're eatin' popcorn, I'll be sippin' on a chocolate malt. I recently did a little experimentation in trying to recreate the chocolate malts I used to get at Dairy Queen about 60 years ago. I hit paydirt......hmm, hmm good............... 🥤

181 - 200 of 241 Posts