Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the going price for p99 AS's (after fees, tax, shipping, all said an done, in your hand price)... Im trying to decised weather to get the Glock 19, or the P99. Im heavily leaning toward the Walther, because I can find a Glock just about anywhere. And Walthers are a bit harder to come by. my dealer just got some in after being out for about 2 months, and it still ahd the decocker, and flat triger guard.

I just want to make sure I dont get sucked and pay too much because I "got to have it now!"

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just went through the same drill recently. I assume you're looking for a 2004 AS model. If you want a 2003, then your best bet is probably CDNN -- they were carrying the 2003 (9mm) Titanium two-tone for $469.

For 2004 AS (again, assuming 9mm because you mentioned a Glock 19) the best price I could come up with was a local price of $600. I saw places online that advertised them in the $490 range, but none of them could actually get their hands on a pistol when I called. Also, some of the cheaper prices were for guns with two 10-rd mags instead of the factory 15. If you want standard capacity, figure in the cost of two mags (roughly $80) into your final price. I found that with the shipping ($25-$30), 15-rd mag replacements ($80) and FFL fee ($20), suddenly the $490 price wasn't far from the $600 + tax at my local shop. (That gun came with 15-rounders, too). Since then, I've only seen two other AS models in the shops, and they were also marked at $600. OnPoint is advertising P99 AS 9mm with 15-rd mags for $539 +$28 S/H + your FFL fee -- but they have none in stock. AK-47 Man couldn't get me one, either.

The AS models are really getting scarce...if you want one you might just have to take the plunge and fork over some cash. Personally, I'm glad I got mine when I did and I don't regret the price a bit.

Hope this helps.
Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought mine from a household FFL after tax, and shipping and his $30.00 sir charge it was $578.00. the distributer had them at the same price as CDNN. CDNN had only one left a week ago so rather then race I found out that that was pretty much the price for an old style. New Style was somthing like $30.00 more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, I feel like I got a steal. I bought mine on 3/15/05 for $519.99 from a local dealer. He had three more at the time. Maybe I should consider buying another?

Unfortunately, though, mine is at S&W. They've had it almost two weeks and I'm just starting to get anxious about what they are going to do.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (New P99 @ April 12 2005,12:48)]Wow, I feel like I got a steal.  I bought mine on 3/15/05 for $519.99 from a local dealer.  He had three more at the time.  Maybe I should consider buying another?

Unfortunately, though, mine is at S&W.  They've had it almost two weeks and I'm just starting to get anxious about what they are going to do.
That was a good price...your dealer probably didn't know how hot the market is or he would have marked them up!

Why did the gun have to go back to the factory?

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
And it's an '04! To make a long story short, the lockup area on the slide was showing very premature wear - 200 rounds and there was metal missing. There's more detail in a thread titled Soft slide or normal wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts