Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking a new (not sure what year yet 04 or 05) P99 AS in 9mm with 2 15 round mags?  Buying with CC and including shipping it'll run about $560 + FFL fee.   Any vendors I can do better at?  I'm a little nervous since no one around here has one so I haven't shot it or even held one yet, but it seems like it should be able to fit most hands and I'm pretty normal.

Whats the cheapest place to get walther 15 round magazines too?  They seem pretty pricey.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where is around here? I know Fort Thompson in North Little Rock, Arkansas has an '04 for $519.99. I'm not sure about the magazine capacity though.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly its southern Illinois, I'm sure I could find one in St Louis but I'll be looking at 1.5 hours each way, I'm more tempted to just take my chances

·
Registered
310 Posts
The prices in my area for an 04 AS (9 mm) are right at $600. Online prices (like OnPoint) are running $550 -- plus add in shipping and FFL at your end. Prices for the AS are climbing steadily (since they stopped importing...supply and demand). Somebody posted that Earl's is offering them for $850....so I don't consider $560 that bad. You have to weigh the chance that while you're looking around to find a better deal that someone will buy that pistol out from under you!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the advice guys, its a 2005 and I bought the last one they had in stock.
2005 9mm AS bl. with 2 15rd mags + 2 extra 15 rd mags will run me $665.52 including shipping and transfer. A bit more than I had i mind originally but doesn't seem bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a local shop order some SW99 16 rounds magazines for me this afternoon. Hopefully they work out fine. I see no reason why they shouldn't. Have fun at the range

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try finding on in a gun show, saw some for 430.00 at The Gun Show here in texas

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ronnie151 @ Aug. 04 2005,19:06)]Try finding on in a gun show, saw some for 430.00 at The Gun Show here in texas
Man now I really can't go to a gun show on the off chance I see it for $240 less

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm very skeptical that you'd be able to find a new, 2005 AS model for $430 anywhere. Even the QAs, which are still being imported, don't run that low. You may find some used guns for less, but the AS model is popular and hard to find...which is driving prices up. I think you did alright -- considering the two extra mags would run you about $80...so you got the gun for about $580.

Now....go shoot it!!

Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fenrir Wulff @ Aug. 08 2005,00:13)]The lowest price I have seen is at www.ak-47man.com. He has the P99 AS listed for $516.99. He has the Compact AS listed for the same price! I just wish I had the money right now to buy one.
Gina at AK-47Man is great...but when I tried to order one through them 6 months ago (with the same price) she couldn't find one for me. They're like most other online stores...they have a "virtual" stock and they have to contact their suppliers to fill orders.

Given the fact that the P99 AS is becoming more scarce, I'd call and have someone verify availability before I got my hopes up on a good price from an online store.

That said, $516 online +$25 S/H + $10-20 FFL on your end still comes out to the $550-$560 range...so use that for comparison.

HTH
Jim

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heh thats where I ordered from actually. I took the last one they had in stock, but she said they come in batches. I'm sure if you called and asked for one they'd put you on a list. I think I'm going to call and ask them to stick a makarov in the box (I can't resist) too, if I wremember I'll ask when the next shipment might be in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
CDNN's new catalouge has some compacts P99 AS for 429, and I think the some sight with the GarunteeD logo on it has them for 450. After tax and brady i picked up my new compact 9mm for 519. Not a bad price if I say so. Keep looking and I am sure you will find a good price.
Wagemage

·
Registered
310 Posts
Duxman -
Welcome to the forum. Is this your first Walther? If so, you might as well enter the 12-step program now...you're going to be addicted!

What part of VA are you in?

Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just purchased a two tone P99 AS on Gunbroker.com for $569 which includes shipping.

I'm thrilled to have been able to find an AS at what I think is a very fair price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts