Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what I think is a prewar Walther PPK in .22. It has a serial number of 242020K. It has only Crown N civilian proof marks. No military stamps at all. It is in high gloss blue with wrap-around grips. I looked at the available generic serial number charts, and they seem to indicate 1939 or 1940, which would be wartime production for Germany. I am unsure if those serial number charts are for 7.62 only and there are different charts for .22s Can anyone here help me out as to year of manufacture? And if it is 1939 or 40, why it is not military marked? Much obliged.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Crown/N proof mark means proofed before January 1940. I don't know the year by the serial number. Zella-Mehlis made military and civilian pistols even during the war. Welcome to the forum. How about some photos? 1917

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are photos. Still would like year of manufacture mentioned in my original post and any additional info available. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
That is a beauty and in 22 LR too. Crown/N, I'm guessing 1939 but I don't see your SN in the list. I'm not too knowledgeable with regard to those SN charts. But a beautiful pistol and the grips are in great shape. Some people over the years have recommended removing the prone to crack wrap around original grips and replacing them with aftermarket parts if you shoot the pistol. Save the originals. 1917

·
Registered
58 Posts
Many decades back I own one with Gold plated hammer, safety and tigger. Traded it for a four digit serial numbered 1911. Would shoot Xs from 25 yards,
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts