Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many ranges today are making ANZI rated safety glasses mandatory. For anyone with old eyes like mine, it becomes a problem if you have to look through the bifocal to see the front sight. Amazon is now carrying bifocal shooting glasses. The bifocal is in the top of the lens as opposed to the bottom of normal glasses. Look for SSP eye ware and then make sure you get the shooting glasses and not just safety glasses. They come in a nice case with 3 colored lenses clear, yellow, and smoke. Simple order the strength you buy over the counter bifocal glasses. Price is about $36 but well worth it.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Many ranges today are making ANZI rated safety glasses mandatory. For anyone with old eyes like mine, it becomes a problem if you have to look through the bifocal to see the front sight. Amazon is now carrying bifocal shooting glasses. The bifocal is in the top of the lens as opposed to the bottom of normal glasses. Look for SSP eye ware and then make sure you get the shooting glasses and not just safety glasses. They come in a nice case with 3 colored lenses clear, yellow, and smoke. Simple order the strength you buy over the counter bifocal glasses. Price is about $36 but well worth it.

Thanks, thats a great price and very appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good report. I am going to pass this along to my students. Thank you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds interesting! I used full reading glasses type shooting eyewear for a while in hopes of being able to see the front sight clearly. It's tricky, but they can work. Finally went to the Q5/red dot combo and haven't gone back... :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is fantastic! I'll definitely help spread the word about that. Thanks for the share!
I'll have to look into that, I'm one of the peeps that are wearing the oversized shooting glasses over my regular glasses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts