Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,

I'm interested to know how much this Walther PP is worth. It comes with a capture certificate with the gun's serial number on it.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Welcome to WaltherForums! You have a Walther PP, 9mmK (.380 acp), commercial model, manufactured in the 1938 timeframe. The online version Blue Book of Gun Values shows Historic Prices of $1750 for this model at 98% and $1500 at 95%.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to WaltherForums! You have a Walther PP, 9mmK (.380 acp), commercial model, manufactured in the 1938 timeframe. The online version Blue Book of Gun Values shows Historic Prices of $1750 for this model at 98%.
Thanks for that.

Does the certificate have any value add?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Thanks for that.

Does the certificate have any value add?
Yes, but there's no specific dollar amount or percentage. It helps to make the gun more desireable, especially in cases where the gun was purchased from the veteran or family. Many collectors and especially dealers won't pay extra for certificates as a matter of policy because so many are faked.
The most important thing is preserving the condition. You need to get some oil in and on the gun to stop any further rust. BreakFree would be my choice but any good gun oil would do. I'll post information on this later if you need it.
Are there any markings on the holster?
How many magazines do you have and what markings are on them? Are there any other markings on the gun?
There were about 7500 of these Crown/N 9mmK PP models made before the change to the Eagle/N proof stamp. These were often purchased by military officers as personal sidearms. Because the book value is a historical price it's only a starting point. The actual value depends on what you and a buyer agree on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any markings on the holster?
How many magazines do you have and what markings are on them? Are there any other markings on the gun?
Wow, tons of great info!

Where do I find a buyer?

There are no markings on the magazine, and some markings on the holster. The holster has the number "420" on the inside, as well as some writing - maybe the owner's name. I can't make it out.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Nice rig; thanks for sharing it here. The capture papers are as cool as the pistol itself.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
I

Wow, tons of great info!

Where do I find a buyer?

There are no markings on the magazine, and some markings on the holster. The holster has the number "420" on the inside, as well as some writing - maybe the owner's name. I can't make it out.
Well, the magazine should have Walther PP 9m/m markings so I would guess that it is not an original magazine. If you'd like further information on your Walther PP and potential value check this link:
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...e-what-do-i-have-please-start-here-first.html
You may list your Walther for sale here by posting an on the WaltherForums Trading Post Parts Bin: Trading Post / Parts Bin - WaltherForums
To do this you'll need to decide on a firm selling price or any trades that you would consider. The instructions are explained here in the Rules of Engagement: http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...s-engagement-please-read-before-you-post.html
Are you are planning on selling your PP? If so, is there anything else we can assist you with?

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
That's a BMR, I think probably a 1939. If there's no notch for the side release it's probably an original magazine.
Dadebral's photo shows correctly marked original Walther PP 9mmK magazines. Since your magazine is unmarked it's probably an aftermarket magazine. If you post photos we can tell you for sure.
Additional bottom release magazines for your 9mmK PP are available from the Triple K website for $36.00. They make periodic manufacturing runs so they may be on backorder for awhile.
Gun Magazines by Triple K :: WALTHER MODEL PP, .380ACP, 7 RD, Bottom Release:
WALTHER MODEL PP, .380ACP, 7 RD: ORIGIN - GERMANY
CALIBER - .380 ACP
WEIGHT - 23.98 OZ.
OVERALL LENGTH - 6.69"
LENGTH OF MAGAZINE - 3.75"
A rare pre-WW II variation of the PP. The magazine catch is located at the bottom of the grip frame. Otherwise the same as the standard PP.
SKU: 724M

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dang! Incredible that there would be an aftermarket demand for magazines for the 1939 PP BMR. These guns are relics. Do people really take them out and run multiple mags of ammo through them?

There's two of them OEM available on Gunbroker now, if you can afford them.

Another thing to look for in an original is a machined follower as opposed to a stamped one. In this photo the magazine has been hand-modified with a file to function with a standard side release. Note the solid machined follower.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Dadebral concerning the holster under the securing strap on the breakout flap is there a stamp there to ID the holster maker like AKAH and over that a Wreath with crossed rifles on it? Or somthing else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts