Walther Forums banner

Pre-War PPK Question

Tags
7.65 ppk
10K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  pilkguns 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a pre-war Walther PPK in 7.65mm (.32 ACP). The serial number is 7609##. It has the C/N proof marks on the right side of the frame and slide, and at the business end of the barrel, but no other stampings or markings that I can find (slide is not etched inside and serial number is not stamped at the muzzle). The bluing seems to be near perfect (I will try to post photos later tonight, but I'm at work now...).

The firing pin channel is covered by a metal plate of some kind...one I have not seen in any of the photos or videos of slide disassembly procedures. It does not have a loaded chamber indicator at the hammer end of the slide. The safety is the 90-degree style. I have disassembled and reassembled the slide to clean it, and everything seems to be in order. It also has an original walther banner magazine without serial number or caliber markings which holds 7 rounds.

A couple of questions...

I figure it to be manufactured in 1930 based on some of the posts I have seen. Can anyone help me to confirm this?

Can the safety be used **safely** as a decocker like the modern weapons? I have seen conflicting posts about this on forums.

Does anyone know of a source for an exploded diagram or manual for this firearm? Most of the others I have seen show the chamber indicator, etc.

And the question of the day...which I know you won't be able to help with without the photos...was $700 too much to pay from my friend who sold it to me? It came with a leather flap holster in very poor shape (photos also forthcoming).

See less See more
#3 ·
WRT your last question, a local gunshop currently has a pre-war PPK, 7.65mm, pretty decent condition, going for $1100 (no leather holster).

Also, "Know Your Walther PP & PPK Pistols," by E.J. Hoffschmidt (Blacksmith Corporation Publishers, Chino Valley, Arizona, 86323), has several exploded diagrams, including a first model PP and a second model PPK.

--Larry

#10 ·
I recently acquired a pre-war Walther PPK in 7.65mm (.32 ACP). The serial number is 7609##. It has the C/N proof marks on the right side of the frame and slide, and at the business end of the barrel, but no other stampings or markings that I can find (slide is not etched inside and serial number is not stamped at the muzzle). The bluing seems to be near perfect (I will try to post photos later tonight, but I'm at work now...).

The firing pin channel is covered by a metal plate of some kind...one I have not seen in any of the photos or videos of slide disassembly procedures. It does not have a loaded chamber indicator at the hammer end of the slide. The safety is the 90-degree style. I have disassembled and reassembled the slide to clean it, and everything seems to be in order. It also has an original walther banner magazine without serial number or caliber markings which holds 7 rounds.

A couple of questions...

I figure it to be manufactured in 1930 based on some of the posts I have seen. Can anyone help me to confirm this?

Can the safety be used safely as a decocker like the modern weapons? I have seen conflicting posts about this on forums.

Does anyone know of a source for an exploded diagram or manual for this firearm? Most of the others I have seen show the chamber indicator, etc.

And the question of the day...which I know you won't be able to help with without the photos...was $700 too much to pay from my friend who sold it to me? It came with a leather flap holster in very poor shape (photos also forthcoming).
My Pre War PPK 380 BMR cal. # 881388 was made in 1934. It was factory engraved and 99%.
Im sure yours its worth $700 and more.

#11 ·
My Pre War PPK 380 BMR cal. # 881388 was made in 1934. It was factory engraved and 99%.
Im sure yours its worth $700 and more.
Can we see pics of the factory engraving?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.