Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm pretty sure I can post this here, so here goes.

I recently got my new P99(all German) in 9MM and wanted to get some 16rd mags, So after looking around the net I finally decided on Robert Johnson. Him and his Mother are great to deal with, and they describe exactly what they are selling. I bought 2 Wather P99 mags(turkish mags that say 15rds but really hold 16) from him at 70 dollars each including shipping. They are brand new, but with out the wrapper. I tried them in my walther today and they are great, and it is so fun on the range not having to reload after every 10 rds. Anyway, this is not an advertisement for Robert, but I just wanted to tell fellow 9MM P99er's that this is the best deal on the web that I have seen for P99 16rds mags. Compared to KY imports which charge 99 dollars + shipping or Earls which charge 125(I think his mags say 16rds instead of 15, but whats the difference they both hold the same amount of ammo) Best of luck guys, I look forward to many more happy days with my Walther.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will second Roberts good service.  I have ordered 3 mags from him today for my new Walther.  I have previously ordered from him for my HK's after seeing ads on HKPRO.com.  He is well spoken of and has always been prompt with communication.  Will be ordering again

·
Registered
27 Posts
The main advantage to Earl's magazines are the fact that they are supposed to be true "Pre-Ban" full capacity magazines. There may be some peace of mind value in spending the extra bucks, even though Earl's has a bad customer service reputation (I've experienced first hand just how bad it really is). The Turkish mags that everyone is selling as "Pre-Ban" are not. They were brought in after 1994's stupid assault law by questionable means. I'd be very careful to whom you make this admission of purchase, especially if you make the transaction knowing that they are Turkish.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I stand corrected...

[Federal Register: July 29, 1996 (Volume 61, Number 146)]

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

27 CFR Part 178

[Notice No. 833]
RIN 1512-AB35

Implementation of Public Law 103-322, the Violent Crime Control
and Law Enforcement Act of 1994--Importation of Ammunition Feeding
Devices With a Capacity of More Than 10 Rounds (94F-022P)

AGENCY: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Department of
the Treasury.

ACTION: Proposed rulemaking cross referenced to temporary regulations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY: In the Rules and Regulations portion of this Federal Register,
the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) is issuing temporary
regulations which provide that ammunition feeding devices with a
capacity of more than 10 rounds manufactured on or before September 13,
1994, the date of enactment of Public Law 103-322, are eligible for
importation into the United States for general commercial sale. The
temporary rule also provides guidance on acceptable evidence that
magazines sought to be imported were manufactured on or before
September 13, 1994. The temporary regulations also serve as the text of
this notice of proposed rulemaking for final regulations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings all,
I am a very happy new P99 owner and new to this board.
I have looked around the net, where do you find this person or company with Hi Caps? Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the world of Walther. You should be able to reach Robert Johnson via email at this address: [email protected] Just be aware that there is much debate as to the manufacture date of these magazines. I've never bought anything from him though.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Do you know if he carrys mags for .40 ammo?

surfmaster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts