Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CDNN had the PPX with a great sale price. Also was the Walther PPX Promo.

The PPX Promo is for the holster, magazine and pouch free with purchase.

I buy 2 pistols, and go through the hassle of submitting the forms only to have a screen pop up.....OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!

So if and when they get them in, I have to resubmit everything again????

Why does Walther have nothing in stock!

First the PPQ M2, then the magazines, then the CCP and now this!

How can I be a good customer when you treat us like this????

·
Registered
176 Posts
At least its available in your state. Living in the capacity restricted state of NJ, I'm not even eligible for the promo... can't even get 10 rounders.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dang it! I was supposed to get my stainless 9mm PPX delivered today to my LGS, it was a no show. Now you say I can't get my $100 worth of extra Walther goodies? I sure hope Walther will honor this promo. CDNN has the PPX mags for $19.99 each. I ordered an extra one when I ordered my PPX.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Really can't blame CDNN. The sale has been going on for approx. one month. Even as much as they stock, the price was outstanding and I'm sure whatever they had went fast. Hope it works out for you folks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Despite our enthusiasm I suppose two things:

Walther is nowadays a smaller handgun maker. Outside the US the civilian market is irrelevant and apart from two or three German state police forces (I think HK is doing more business with the German state) AFAIK hardly any agency or military has current model Walthers. And in the US civilian market Walther is a sideshow as well.

This translates into comparably few units solds globally of all models. Plus that the PPX is new, competes with the P99 and PPQ and market acceptance is as of yet untested. Could easily go sideways if quirks occur and create a lot of negative buzz online.

Long story short, I suppose they're not pumping out PPXes but produce as needed and ordered in order not to end up on a heap of unsellable PPXes. I also don't see police and military going PPX for several reasons.

It's a great home defense, fun range and service-weapon sporting gun but I don't see huge sales numbers in its future. Glock 17 or 19 it will never be.

I kind of think it is also a marketing tool of Umarex/Walther to get ppl into the brand and then have them upgrade to a PPQ. Walther currently definitely is listening to the market (unlike others - I'm looking at you Herr Glock) and is highly dynamic. Maybe having been bought by a toy manufacturer did them good? ;-)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no problem with CDNN, they were super! I ordered 2 Sunday night and they were in my hand Wednesday afternoon.

I'm just aggravated that Walther has the promo and doesn't have the "kits" to send out to customers.

The frustrating thing is you can go to their website and order the 3 items separately...they're in stock!

It would make sense if they are out of the "kit" to be able to put the items in the cart and still use the promo code.

Or maybe like one comment, they'll wait for the sale of the gun and then put the promo kit together.

It would be nice to know what happened to my "submission" or if I'll have to do it over again.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
If an intention of the PPX is to hope the owner will want to buy a PPQ or a P99, then Walther may have shot themselves somewhat in the foot by offering the PPX. Someone like me who stumbled upon the PPX almost 2 yrs ago, bought one, and enjoyed it so much I bought a second PPX in .40 S&W is pretty happy with what I have. One day I plan to add on a P99 and then maybe a PPQ, but I'm in no hurry. It's only a want at this point and not a need. At least Walther got me to their brand which may have been their primary intention with this gun. Who knows?

Happy shooting! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Candyman87, I'm so sorry to hear that about your state. Is it illegal to have hi capacity in your state or just buy? Is your long lost brother from another state able to give you his hi capacity mags?

·
Registered
254 Posts
If an intention of the PPX is to hope the owner will want to buy a PPQ or a P99, then Walther may have shot themselves somewhat in the foot by offering the PPX. Someone like me who stumbled upon the PPX almost 2 yrs ago, bought one, and enjoyed it so much I bought a second PPX in .40 S&W is pretty happy with what I have.
Don't know, depends on the longlivety which is still undetermined to the best of my knowledge. Marketed it is as "entry level". This can be understood as "little shot night stand gun" and might announce a problem for serious shooters.

For most ppl one gun is enough. Torture testers have established that with quality semi autos the first parts breakage usually occur around 80-90,000 shots. The gun usually can be repaired at little cost by simply replacing the part. The vast majority of gunowners never shoot anywhere near a relevant fraction of that number.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure that Walther did some sort of endurance testing on the pistol. How many rounds over what time period, I don't know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sure that Walther did some sort of endurance testing on the pistol. How many rounds over what time period, I don't know.
Yea, they do govt acquisition type of testing which is only a fraction of the number. Gun has to pass that to be called "service weapon". A quick google search found the number 10.000 in a late 70-ies test for new German police pistols which the weapons had to master without defect. To the best of my knowledge it is the same today, which is not much for a sports shooter, that's my ouput in about 2 years time. Beat cops shoot very little, price is the main criterion for govt contract. SWAT often has a small number of pistols of different make or model like e.g. Glocks.

I found something else which is kind of cool. A chart that says which pistols the various German police forces use. As I thought, HK dominates, some forces use very old models.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ive seen the Bundespolizei and Customs guys' P30s several times. They look pristine, like they never break leather. Usually get the "why are you looking at my gun-look" from the Germans.... Then they realize I'm American.

Also saw P99s worn by some guys in Zurich Airport if I go through there.

Would love to see some more Walthers next time. Guess I need to drive to a different place.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Walther is nowadays a smaller handgun maker. ...
Ok, first off, the PPX is meant as an entry level gun, and it is NOT a competitor to the PPQ, let alone P99. Why? Because the PPQ is simply superb. It's well rounded, great trigger, two options for magazine release style, and several different magazine capacities.

The P99 of course has the AS (SA/DA trigger and a decocker) as well as the aforementioned magazine capacity loveliness that PPQ has. The P99 is also a highly regarded police/duty pistol in the European area. The PPX is more/less a bargain Walther meant for new(er) shooters, not that I'm belittling the PPX, it is a damned nice handgun, all things considered.

By the way, several Dutch and German Police Agencies have ordered the P99Q as a replacement duty sidearm for older guns. The P99Q being the DAO trigger version of what we'd call a PPQ (in terms of appearance).

Herr Glock, eh? The 17 and 19 have squat on the PPQ, let alone the P99. Whole different animal, and quite honestly, it's like comparing horseturds to diamonds.

And of course, there needs to be a few tiers of cost for quality in firearms.
That's why vehicle companies can sell economy cars, mid level cars, luxury, performance, etc. Guns should be no different.

Not only is the PPQ every bit as durable and functional as a G19, it's also a lot more handsome, and definitely has a more comfortable grip.

Like I said, horse crap to the hope diamond. :)
The PPQ of course being the sparkly thing thing that was once a piece of uncompressed carbon. :D;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received 2 email replies and I also called Walther about the promo kit.

They all told me to mail in the promo rebate, not do it online.

I also asked about the CCP while they were on the phone, they would say anything.

I asked if there was a chance we'd see it before Christmas and he said I hope so.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update! (thanks jay308!)

I just read jay308's post that he ordered his kit.

I went back online and they are in stock!

I ordered the 2 kits, we'll see when I get them.

Funny, I call Walther yesterday and they can't tell me they are in stock?

Anyway, I'll be happy when I get them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Candyman87, I'm so sorry to hear that about your state. Is it illegal to have hi capacity in your state or just buy? Is your long lost brother from another state able to give you his hi capacity mags?
Nope, illegal to possess anything over 15 round magazines. Which is fine for my PPQ.

The only problem is standard on the PPX is 16 rounds in 9mm. Which means I have to track down 10 round magazines. Unfortunately, the Walther rebate is no good in my state because Walther isn't offering the 10 rounders, and won't split up the holsters and the magazines.

Fine with me, I've got my PPQ and am very happy with it. When I was shopping, the rebate almost swayed me to the less expensive PPX because then it was an incredible value... just not in my state.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts