Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I roam pawn shops for Walthers and spotted a PPX yesterday. When I inspected the mags and sniffed the Chamber (yeah I'm weird like that) it looks as if it was never fired. No noticeable wear marks or scratches on mags, don't smell gun cleaner and ramp is unblemished. Not in a big rush and so I put it on layaway but will probably buy it out next month.

PPX isn't a sexy looker but I have a PPQ45 and CCP and just love Walthers. Curious from all y'all PPX owners any major things you like about it compared to the other hardware that you own?

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
When I inspected the mags and sniffed the Chamber (yeah I'm weird like that) it looks as if it was never fired. No noticeable wear marks or scratches on mags, don't smell gun cleaner and ramp is unblemished.

Brings back memories of high school. I was always on the lookout for a never been used, or gently used PPX. :D

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Brings back memories of high school. I was always on the lookout for a never been used, or gently used PPX. :D
I think the thing there is...if you can smell the chamber from more a few inches away, it probably needs a deep cleaning, and one should find a more....pristine model... ;)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
PPX isn't a sexy looker but I have a PPQ45 and CCP and just love Walthers. Curious from all y'all PPX owners any major things you like about it compared to the other hardware that you own?
Since you have a Q45 then you have its fraternal twin on layaway. I've had three PPXs and still have one. It's a great shooter as compared to my PPQ and P99s. It can run right with them. The only issue is it being bulkier which would impact concealed carry if that was a buyer's plan. It's a good gun to have in the stable and I'll be keeping mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL good to read the salty humor. I like it when I find something that is unsullied.

I was debating whether I would conceal carry this one since I only do OWB and wear Bowling or Hawaiian shirts in summer and a jacket in winter. Even if it is a bit bulkier I don't have to cram it in my waistband. But I think I'll leave that issue unsolved for now so I'll have an excuse to keep growing my EDC collection.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I love my PPX! You will find it is deadly accurate and fun to shoot! I own 9 Walthers, and use my PPX as my bedside gun. You will enjoy it and PPX mags are cheaply found.

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts