Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
We received our holster, mag, and mag holster from Walther recently when we bought our new PPX. Both of us seem to have problems getting the release to work smoothly to draw the weapon. Any suggestions (besides practice? We've done that. LOL)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
WartHog,

I have that IMI holster too. I bought it several months ago before the promotion for my first PPX. I think it's a fine product but that release button is a slight issue for me if I were to carry it for protection. I've practiced drawing it several times and every now and then I get hung up (pulling it before pushing the button). I suppose more practice would help but I don't plan on using that holster for carry. That's also one reason I wanted a good leather or kydex holster for the PPX. My new holster has great retention that I can adjust and of course no button.

This still probably doesn't help you though. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got an LT Pro iwb from The Holster Store. It's OK, reasonably priced, but not really molded to the gun. It will take some breaking in. It is very good quality leather and the clip is pretty heavy-duty in appearance. Again, it's pretty generic-looking, PPX fits nicely but not like a custom fit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just got an LT Pro iwb from The Holster Store. It's OK, reasonably priced, but not really molded to the gun. It will take some breaking in. It is very good quality leather and the clip is pretty heavy-duty in appearance. Again, it's pretty generic-looking, PPX fits nicely but not like a custom fit.
I have several of those for different pistols including the PPX.
They have worked out great so far.

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I'm going to try to file the trigger guard holder down on the holster and see if I can get a smoother release.
Well, I filed it down and I loosened the setscrew that tightens the holster and makes the firearm more secure. The pistol still gets stuck coming out. The problem is there's no consistency. Sometimes it sticks and other times it comes out smooth as butter. It does not seem to matter how I draw it out - it may stick or not. I can try "leaning" it towards my body or away - no difference. Things that make you go hmm.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I've had my PPX9 in my newest holster since I arrived home from work and I even took a nice nap without any comfort issues on the couch. I really like the retention and the way it feels drawing it from the kydex. I'm thinking about taking it with me on my before daylight ride to my second job like I did for months before picking up my Shield9. It's something about having 17 vs 9 147gr HSTs ready to go that just feels better, but I probably won't make the ride along change for a couple reasons at this point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We received our holster, mag, and mag holster from Walther recently when we bought our new PPX. Both of us seem to have problems getting the release to work smoothly to draw the weapon. Any suggestions (besides practice? We've done that. LOL)
I got mine a week ago, and I know exactly where your (and mine) problem is. I have a Blackhawk Serpa holster of the same kind for my Ruger. While on the Blackhawk, you keep your index finger completely straight and parallel to the release trigger, on the Walther, if you do that, the release trigger only depresses partly, and either does not release the gun or gets it stuck halfway. The only way to consistently pull out the gun is to use the tip of the index finger to depress the trigger. This is a terrible idea because that tip is going to keep going somewhere when the gun comes free (Newton's First Law!). This is exactly what happened to the guy who shot himself in the YouTube
while drawing a gun out of the Serpa holster.

Draw safely!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Noted on the difference between the serpa and the IWI holster button.

The Serpa will also not come out of the holster if you pull before depressing the button. Each holster takes getting used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first Walter - a PPX - love it!!!

Hesitated becuase most of my handguns are metal frame ... but when CDNN had these for $279 ... I had to jump .... man ... what a nice trigger and great feel ... even with my big hands (XXL golf glove size) - it feels great...
Sorry about the fuzzy pictures ... didn't clean my phone lens

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag193/nolabrian83/IMAG0722_zps11b5b0ea.jpg

I picked this up yesterday...very pleased as to have a nice sleeve I can carry keep slide scratch free covers the trigger guard and soft so it can travel with me in truck next to bed and I can now set it down...my wakther holster that came with the promotion is awesome for range and carry out in the sticks but I like my soft case for everyday tag along

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jcscofie ....you should probably buy the gun first before you worry about the holster... But on a serious note you really should get the PPX it is quite the acquisition to your collection if you're interested in a gun that is a pleasure to shoot...

Muck. . would you happen to have a picture of that PPX in the holster outside of your waistband so I could see it? I'm still in the market for something if I can find something a little bit more adorable with more question

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nola ... I have the PPX in .40 ... and a couple holsters for it .... I posted pics earlier ... I'm just thinking about adding the 9mm along with the .40 I already have

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm sorry I had to go back and read it again...seems it was plain and simple in front of me...I was distracted ...handling my young German puppy...he is a handful...I'm thinking about another ppx as well

41 - 60 of 140 Posts