Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your PPX in its holster wether you carry it for CCW , or just on the range please . I carry mine in a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB and find it no harder to conceal than a any other guns including compacts .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have found a way to conceal carry in my pocket ..... yes,that's right, I said it ....in my pocket.
I bought this cheap Allen neoprene IWB holster and took off the crappy plastic clip.
http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/TAC44603_BACK.jpg I use the neoperene holster as a inside pocket holster.
I wear jeans for work made either by Carhartt or Redhead and found the pockets are plenty big enough to slip the PPX in . While it does look bulky the neoprene holster helps hide the shape. It is a bit of a trick to draw but the neoprene will grab the pocket material and will stay inside if I ever do need to withdraw it quickly.Definitely not keeping one in the tube this way.
I don't carry IWB very often because I'm very large and it's just too uncomfortable and don't like to open carry even though it's legal here.I am comfortable with it in my pocket as that how I conceal carry most of the time.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
My IMI Defense holster arrived today. It only took 11 days from the day I ordered it and 9 days from when it was shipped from Israel. I got the paddle and belt attachments. Also in the pic, my Bianchi double mag pouch I bought with an additional mag from Bigsupplyshop.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
for the blackhawk #5 wrap your PPX in a dress sock then holster it for about and hour or 2 then it will slide in and out perfectly. Got that tip from a blackhawk service rep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
"for the blackhawk #5 wrap your PPX in a dress sock then holster it for about and hour or 2 then it will slide in and out perfectly. Got that tip from a blackhawk service rep. "

That's a good piece of advice. It seems to stretch to the right size just buy shoving the gun all the way down and just leaving it in there without the sock anyway. I will have to remember to use this if I ever get another really tight Blackhawk holster

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm a new PPX owner. I recently ordered the IMI holster along with the IMI leg holster for range shooting. I also purchased a shoulder holster for concealed carry. I'll post pics when I receive them.

The PPX is also my first gun. I've shot a friend's PPS before and really liked it a lot. It's what got me to learn more about Walther guns and discover the PPX. I haven't had a chance to fire my PPX yet. I've had it for about a week now. Hoping to get a chance to fire it next weekend. Been having a really hard time locating 9mm ammo.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm a new PPX owner. I recently ordered the IMI holster along with the IMI leg holster for range shooting. I also purchased a shoulder holster for concealed carry. I'll post pics when I receive them.

The PPX is also my first gun. I've shot a friend's PPS before and really liked it a lot. It's what got me to learn more about Walther guns and discover the PPX. I haven't had a chance to fire my PPX yet. I've had it for about a week now. Hoping to get a chance to fire it next weekend. Been having a really hard time locating 9mm ammo.
I was in the same boat just about a year ago. I was a brand new gun owner with a PPX and couldn't find ammo from Georgia to Michigan. I initially had to use FMJs for defense until I found some over-priced JHPs. Eventually I was able to gather more ammo and make it to the range. Once I got all the fundamentals down and knew what I was doing, I began to really enjoy shooting this gun. I don't get to the range as much as I would like to but I have put close to 700 rounds down range and the PPX shoots just fine. You should enjoy yours, I really like mine.

Now that I have a much smaller EDC (my M&P Shield), the PPX serves mostly as a home defense gun right now. I have the IMI holster and it works nice. I just don't wear it much and this southern weather won't give me much opportunity to do so when it warms up. I don't believe in drawing attention with open carry even though it's legal here.

I'm at the point where I can get a PPQ if wanted one now but I don't. I really like the PPX and plan on getting a .40 cal version for heavier home defense and leaving the 9mm in carry rotation. Then probably a Glock 19 and maybe a Sig. After that I may swing back for a PPQ. We'll see.

Happy shooting! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I finally received the holsters I ordered for my PPX. I purchased a Shoulder Holster from TheHolsterStore, the IMI Holster and the IMI Tactical Thigh/Leg Holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here are pics of the IMI Tactical Thigh/Leg Holster

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
How comfortable is the shoulder holster? Do you think it would be an "All Dayer"? I purchased a UTG drop leg holster to wear while shooting. I like it as it keeps the weapon lower than my belt line. Reaching for my belt line sometimes makes my shoulder try to lock up so I went with the drop leg cinched up pretty snug and high. I like the idea of a shoulder holster for concealing as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's been really comfortable for me. I have not worn it all day yet. Only for a couple hours while I was out of the house. I'll try to wear it all day tomorrow and see how it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want to get a shoulder holster as well but don't know if they will fit me. I'm really big ( fat ) . I've yet to see any sort of sizes mentioned for them so it's hard to tell if the makers take into account the larger (really fat) consumers. How are they are sized and has anyone one here who is also big boned (really, really fat) like me have some experience with those types of holsters ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm considered obese. 6'2" and 260lbs. There is more than enough extra strap left over for me (little more than double actually). That being said, if my chest was bigger, it would make it difficult to reach the gun while still keeping it concealed under my left armpit. As long as you can reach under your armpit, you should be fine. It really is one size fits all with the adjustable straps they provide.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The thigh holster is my personal favorite. No plans on wearing it for open carry though. Only around the house and the range (if they'll allow it). It is comfortable and easily accessable whether standing up or sitting down. I like that it locks the gun in the holster and is very quick and easy to release if needed.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts