Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is dead...need some PPX loving...enjoy!

The first 3 pics aren't mine (cool PPX pics, I'm not affiliated with the website, so if it's an issue that there is a web address, please remove mods), but the last 2 pics are mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have always liked the two tone PPX.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they were butt-ugly when I first saw them, but the design grew on me the more I looked at pics. Then CDNN had them for $299.00 in stainless and I didn't "need" one, but the price was too good and it ended up in my collection.

The PPX trigger (as others have noted) is absolutely awesome. My son has an old CZ-75 that I thought had the best trigger feel (in DA & SA), but the PPX is even better and insanely good for the price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Proud PPX owner, don't whine to me about the feed ramp being loose, it has never jammed once! It isn't my nightstand gun, it is just for fun.

Off topic, I shot a PPK for the first time, sweet pistol, not mine, a friend let me try her PPK.

But I'm still a PPX fan and defender.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
This forum is dead...need some PPX loving...enjoy!

The first 3 pics aren't mine (cool PPX pics, I'm not affiliated with the website, so if it's an issue that there is a web address, please remove mods), but the last 2 pics are mine.
To my eye, that is a good looking pistol. Is the slide stainless steel or is that nickel plated? Looks good whatever it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my PPX, the looks dont bother me. Here it is next to my Beretta APX, another ungainly yet functionable gun. MyPPX has around 2000 rounds through and is always on duty as one of my home defense guns.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jimbo, it's the stainless model. I love the matte appearance it has.

I used to have an HK USP Compact .40 that had a similar finish. Another great pistol that I should have kept...

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Just consider Walther has produced products that most find more appealing.

When I came over to the PPX side to post this, there were 80 viewers on the PPQ side, and 1 viewer on PPX side.

This is what j3colt is referring to.

When I dump 50 rds of 230gr .45auto into a silhouette at 10 yds at the range (with no flyers/in under 30 secs), several people come closer to see what the hell I'm shooting. The PPQ with Trijicon HD big dot/U-notch battle-sight.

I can't pull that off with the Sig 227 that was my EDC for years.

I'm old school, shot almost every quality striker/poly released to the public, none changed my view that real EDC hardware is all metal with a hammer. The PPQ 45 M2 changed that, becoming the first poly/striker in my collection (and retired the Sig 227 to the gun safe).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking of trading my PPX in towards one of the new German made GSG MP40 9MM at a LGS by me that I do a fair amount of business with. Once he heard what it was that I was looking to trade, he quickly said "NO" stating that he did not want to be stuck with it. Wow...

·
Registered
65 Posts
As with you j3colt, the looks of the gun didn't do anything to impress me at first. But the longer you look at it the more you try and figure out why people don't like it and it does grow on you. Then CDNN had them for a nice price, so I thought ... I'm going to get a gun people think is ugly, and also get it in a caliber a lot of people don't like - .40SW.

In the end I have a nice gun from Walther, good ergonomics, have not had 1 issue with it in 500 rds., and it serves as home duty more often than any other gun I have.

I can tell you I'd rather have a PPX over a Creed. For some reason the Creed just seems/feels too big, at least for a 9mm. PPX ... Pleased to Purchase your eXtras. :-]

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed on rather having PPX vs Creed for a number of reasons including looks and the stupid Rocky Balboa inspired name.

I actually really like .40 Cal, but chose 9mm for the PPX. I think that if I were to buy it again from CDNN that I would have opted for the threaded barrel version instead of the stainless model as they were both $299 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PPX ghost sighting. . . .

Lot's of PPX love here in central PA! Just shot my black PPX 9mm today with the wife--she loved it and did real well with it (she's not a shooter). She's tried my Glocks in the past and hated them. I'm hoping she'll wanna shoot with me more often.

Walther PPX.jpg

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was so taken with the PPX as a suppressor platform, I bought three of them. Not something I would ordinally carry, but if I had to, I wouldn’t feel unarmed with that big old example of German worksmanship.

Is the PPX still made?

·
Registered
38 Posts
PPX got "improved " and is now the Creed. Some like the new looks better, many do not. Most people hate the new name. Barrels and magazines are interchangeable so my guess is that all changes are cosmetic. Personally I like the looks of the PPX just fine. But some said it looked like a Hi Point. Apparently Walther found that embarrassing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts