Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there isn’t a whole lot of activity here on the PPX forum, but I’m hoping somebody might be able to provide an answer.

I have a .40 S&W caliber PPX, and I’ve found a complete 9mm slide and barrel for sale online. Are the frames different between the 9mm and .40 S&W, or would a 9mm slide and barrel fit without any gunsmithing? Obviously I’d need to get some 9mm magazines as well, so the same question would apply - do the 9mm magazines fit in the .40 S&W frame with proper feeding and ejecting?

I have a .40S&W to 9mm conversion barrel for my P99, but I have never seen anyone make a conversion barrel for the PPX. If the frames are the same between the two calibers then I’d imagine a complete slide would take care of any issues with recoil springs and ejectors that sometimes go along with .40 S&W to 9mm conversions.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Sadly, I had both versions at one time but can’t recall. I don’t believe I ever tried, if so it’s been a couple years. Oh well, I was no help.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
I would imagine that it's probably like the PPQ and PPS....you *can*, but if this is a carry or defense firearm, I wouldn't simply because of the mental question of "will it work when my life is at stake...?

That said, I do have both calibers of the PPQ and PPS Classics.

I have swapped slides and barrels on them and hand cycled rounds. Never fired any, though. Think of it as an exercise in worst case...

FWIW, the RSA is the same in the PPQ and PPS between calibers....the slides are obviously a little heavier on the .40 and there's a visual difference to them, in order to keep the same RSA between the two.

I've no idea at all if the PPX is the same way..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts