Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a range trip today. I hadn't fired my PPX in a year which was the same for my P99. My P99 ran like a champ through 100 rounds easily. Of course I shot it better in SA mode than I did in DA. But my DA shots were not very bad. I shot Remington 115 gr UMC and 147 gr Golden Sabers.

My PPX however didn't start out so well. I had quite a few failures to feed shooting 170 gr Perfecta (I won't be buying that again). I checked and double checked the gun for debris, lubrication, my grip, and etc. It continued to do the same throughout that box of ammo. I then switched to 180 gr Federal Hi Shok and HSTs. The performance did a big uturn and it ran flawlessly through 50 rounds and I could nearly match the accuracy I have with my P99 and PPQ. I'll probably be sticking with just those JHPs from here on out through my PPX.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Congrats on a fun day.

Reactions: muckaleewarrior71

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had half the range to myself this morning for well over an hour. There was a female police officer practicing for qualification on the pistol side so they let me shoot on the rifle side. I think the threat of rain kept some away but they started pulling in as we were wrapping up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have never had a problem with Perfecta in 9mm(115gr) or .45acp(230gr). Dirty yet ran like a champ...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had a problem with the Perfecta 9mm but I won't even look at their .40 S&W again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts