Walther Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if someone else with buy the rights and copy it. Maybe EAA? I just bought a couple extra mags as I really enjoy shooting the PPX.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will be getting my PPX back from Walther on Tuesday.
I hope it no longer throws ejects at my face, I do like the gun.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
There are many good reasons to buy from and support your local gun shop.
But this probably isn't that reason. 40% off is a done deal. :D

One of my local shops still has PPS Classics for $600 to $650. I wouldn't even think about it, even if I wanted one. I did buy my Shield from them though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
But this probably isn't that reason. 40% off is a done deal. :D

One of my local shops still has PPS Classics for $600 to $650. I wouldn't even think about it, even if I wanted one. I did buy my Shield from them though.
I typically buy local but 40% is just too much. Got mine from CDNN too. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Still ejects at my face, Wather finds nothing wrong, too bad as I seem to be most accurate with it!
Okay, I would recommend to go to a range with a really good range inspector, tell him the problem and let him help you. There might be just a tiny thing wrong with your grip, something you just don't notice. It happens.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I wouldn't buy a PPX from an LGS if they're selling for twice what "standard" market (AND MSRP) is...

If my LGS was 25-50 bucks more...yeah, I'd bite, simply because I'm impatient and they're good people, but today's price for a PPS Classic? 650? Hell no.

And I own a PPS classic that's now devalued. That said, the only way it will ever leave my ownership is if I'm dead. It's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
.....but today's price for a PPS Classic? 650? Hell no.

And I own a PPS classic that's now devalued. That said, the only way it will ever leave my ownership is if I'm dead. It's not going anywhere.
Not any more, they've actually dropped to $449 the last time I was there about ten days ago. They have no M2s in stock yet. But they finally had a PPQ M2, but that's still not one I would buy. If I ever get a Q M1 looks like I will be ordering it but it's not next on my gun list anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
PPS prices are even lower. just bought my second for 379 otd. If I'd had the money I'd have bought two, I like both mine that much. Also spare mags were 28 bucks, a far cry from when they were 50 bucks.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
If I could find a gray PPS Classic for around the 450 mark or better yet, lower, money would fly from my hands like Force Lightning did from Sidious in ROTJ. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
... I have handled and shot several, and a POS it is not.
Heck, I think it's going because it's UGLY in the minds of some. I don't care for its "Glock square" trigger guard, but otherwise I think it looks fine. I don't expect my pistols to win beauty contests.....well, not really I suppose. ;)

I bought a PPX M1 in 40 S&W today. Why? Jeez, that price! I paid less than $300 shipped. I am not a fan of the 40 S&W at all, but I recently sold my 12 year old duty pistol, an H&K 40 USP. Fine gun, but I didn't need/want it anymore....but then I found 500+ rounds of 40 S&W in the ammo closet! Oh my; how to shoot it up - I have nothing in 40 S&W! So I figured I can shoot those rounds in the PPX then sell it and still come out 'way ahead perhaps! The heaviness of the PPX is a negative to many, but that same weight will negate some the snappy 40 S&W ammo. I've not heard much negative on the PPX, and the trigger intrigues me. So, my PPS 9mm has another member of the family; they can chat in my gun safe. :cool:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Aesthetics is a subjective thing, and I rarely take it into consideration when evaluating a pistol. There are exceptions, of course. I do not own a PPX, but I would not, not own one because of the way it looks.
Some of my favorite pistols are my Steyrs. Many people find them..., well, less than beautiful, shall we say. I find them to be near perfection ergonomically, very well engineered, manufactured and well thought through. Stone cold reliable too. Exceedingly poorly marketed, at least here in the states. My point? Don't let the perception of ugly sway you, pistols are a tool, performance is what counts.

Rothenfluh

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got the PPX for a really good price from a guy who was moving to CA and couldn't take it with him, I was really there to buy his Chop Saw and he had to sell the PPX
As it turns out I took it to the range and it is the one gun that I find that I fin most accurate for me....not something I'd carry...too big..but a nice gun...
Yeah, its no PPK but it's a good gun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There's an entire thread about the feed ramp issues with the barrel assembly on the PPX, unfortunately.

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/45447-feed-ramp-issue.html
Read, read that yesterday, but only saw a bunch of anecdotal stories; no facts on how many are replaced, etc. In general, seems like there were as many stories of "good" ramps as "bad" ramps, and that Walther was quick to remedy the latte.

So, I'm not worried yet about the PPX I ordered. I would be after a couple hundred rounds if I start to see that the ramp is coming loose, but until then I'll just enjoy shooting my inexpensive expensive pistol.:cool:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If you are looking for official data you're going to wait a long time. Remington claimed all as well with their R51 literally up to the recall notice. Reports from loyal Walther owners is the best that exists, or is likely to exist.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you are looking for official data you're going to wait a long time. Remington claimed all as well with their R51 literally up to the recall notice. Reports from loyal Walther owners is the best that exists, or is likely to exist.
Makes sense. I was hoping perhaps somewhere someone had that data, whether they are employed by Walther, S&W or just a "fan". :cool:

My 40S&W PPX ought to be delivered Thusday, hope to get to the range next week.

I can remember when 40 S&W took the USA by storm....now I see they are not a big seller, and that many PDs are trading them for 9s (ammo also).....the more things change the more they become the same I suppose. My PD used 40 S&W for the last 4 years I was there. Most liked the round and the gun (H&K 40- USP LEM), but then it's a heavy gun for that caliber. I can't imagine shooting 40 S&W in a smaller pistol, like a Kahr "C" series or even a Shield. Hopefully the PPX will have enough weight that I'll enjoy shooting up up stash of 40 S&W ammo.......that's the main reason I bought it!:cool:

61 - 80 of 95 Posts