Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with the Walther people who were: (1) unclear about why the PPX was still showing on their website; and, (2) very clear about the fact that the PPX has been discontinued.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did do a search, and I did not see anything on this. On the other hand, maybe I am not as accomplished at searching as others. :)

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I find it interesting that they get one that actually works and then ... let it go. They should have such luck on some of the other models that continue to gain their support.

Still, the PPX is a handful, which may well have something to do with its demise.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just spoke with the Walther people who were: (1) unclear about why the PPX was still showing on their website; and, (2) very clear about the fact that the PPX has been discontinued.

:)
The PPX is gone from the Walther German website but not the US site. That could be because it is out of production there and the remaining surplus of PPXs are still for sale in the US.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Era? Perhaps, but only a few Walthers qualify as an 'icon' in my opinion, and none of those are being made today.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The PPX is gone from the Walther German website but not the US site. That could be because it is out of production there and the remaining surplus of PPXs are still for sale in the US.
The term used in U.S. sales parlance is to "flush them out".

Sorry, but that is not a joke. It's true.

M

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
So Walther pulls the plug on a pistol that works, has a nice trigger, good grip, and retains sight commonality with the other "big" Ulm pistols (P99, PPQ, PPS), but keeps up with the POS CCP, and of course is going to "bring back" the PPK/S....thing, that everyone is going to ***** about because it's made of a lot of MIM'd parts and has the S&W beavertail?

Unfugginbelievable.

I may be exaggerating somewhat, as the number of PPX' that I own are equal to the number of times I've walked on the surface of Mars, but still, I have handled and shot several, and a POS it is not.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The careless thing is that the PPX is still visible on the main defense portal of the German website. There is even a link "mehr lesen" (read more) which leads to a blank page of course. Unfortunately, Walther Germany seems to be more or less indifferent to an up-to-date online presence.

I wonder if it is intention or neglect that the silver-coloured PPK/S .22 disappeared some weeks ago too.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I regret selling mine. I shot better with my PPX than I do with my PPQ. I think the only reason it is discontinued is because of its looks which in turn have probably hurt its sales. I'm really surprised they didn't make an M2 version that could have given it a face lift. It really is a great gun for its price point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The old "never say never' is true I guess in some circles, but my to PPX's have never had a single issue and I am never going to get rid of them :cool:

Reactions: PPX69

·
Registered
30 Posts
feed ramp

When I checked my feed ramp about two weeks ago, I found it loose. I sent the barrel back to Walther.

The loose ramp hadn't affected function at all, at least it hadn't yet.

I don't consider myself a squeaky wheel. I just know it wasn't loose when I bought it. If it would have been an expected thing after a few hundred rounds, Walther wouldn't be taking them back and replacing them. At least that's my thinkin'

1 - 20 of 95 Posts