Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a local retailers offer on the 9mm PPX that I couldn't refuse, $299 + a $45 store credit that I used on three boxes of ammo + the factory offer of holster, mag and mag carrier, I got my first gun.
Ive been shooting someone else's small collection for a year (about 1500 rounds) so it was time.
My admittedly amateur take thus has a a small group in comparison.
The ergonomics of the dogleg grip feels great.
The magazine engages surely and without effort.
It seems to point at and acquire the target easily.
The trigger feels glassy smooth. Makes holding aimpoint on target easy.
Very quick and consistent follow up shots. At 12 yards, I put the whole 16 round magazine through a silver dollar sized hole the first time I shot it. I never did that before. The closest I ever came to that before was with an L frame 4" Smith revolver in single action, which is twice the weight and three times the price of the PPX.
Its hard to qualify but this is an easy and fun gun to shoot. The day I bought it, I put all three boxes of free ammo (150 rounds) down range and felt like I could have shot much more. All the other guns I have shot get tiresome between 50 and 100 rounds. I don't know why, it just is.
As for Cons, I only have one: The rear sights need windage adjusting and I don't have the tools or expertise to do it myself. At 12 yards the rounds hit 3 1/2" left of point-of-aim. I will work with my local range gunsmith to fix that.
There is one thing I don't understand. Why are there so many posts about this gun being ugly? Do you guys have beauty contests for these things? Its a machine, and it does its job well. Its the cheapest gun I have used and the most accurate, for me. The grip is so comfortable, that now when I shoot something else, I am less happy with them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Awesome ...I am equally as sataisfoed with mine...was my third firearm in my name...however my family has a rather huge collection which made purchasing my own pointless...I've shot the clocks rugers Springfield s and Taurus and Smith's but this is my favorite ...enjoy shooting ...and to answer your question...yes ppx would win a beauty contest for best appealing ��

1 - 3 of 3 Posts