Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am talking about apples and oranges with regards to quality and function, but where is the PPS with regards to width against a Kahr or Kel-Tec single stack pistol? You can read numbers on the web all day, but it does not speak to the ergonomics of actual carry. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thin

Let me say that I have not carried the PPS yet but I have made a few deductions based on the shape of the slide. I am waiting for a holster before I can carry it.
The Kahr is about the same overall thickness as the PPS but its slide is the same thickness from top to bottom (blocky). The PPS slide is very rounded/tapered witch really thins it down towards the top of the slide.
I plan on carrying the PPS IWB about 3-3:30 with a forward cant. At this spot the rear top of the slide and the bottom front of the grip are the two things that print for me. The slide of the PPS tapers and rounds off towards the top. The top rear corners of the slide are also rounded/tapered off. With experience carrying a Kahr PM9 and P9 as well as other pistols this may really be an advantage over them. There souldn't be any "points" to print through my shirt. As for the bottom of the grip, I think it is short enough (6rd mag) that it wont print even while bending over.
Oh well, I guess to find out for sure I'll have to wait for my holster.
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me say that I have not carried the PPS yet but I have made a few deductions based on the shape of the slide. I am waiting for a holster before I can carry it.
The Kahr is about the same overall thickness as the PPS but its slide is the same thickness from top to bottom (blocky). The PPS slide is very rounded/tapered witch really thins it down towards the top of the slide.
I plan on carrying the PPS IWB about 3-3:30 with a forward cant. At this spot the rear top of the slide and the bottom front of the grip are the two things that print for me. The slide of the PPS tapers and rounds off towards the top. The top rear corners of the slide are also rounded/tapered off. With experience carrying a Kahr PM9 and P9 as well as other pistols this may really be an advantage over them. There souldn't be any "points" to print through my shirt. As for the bottom of the grip, I think it is short enough (6rd mag) that it wont print even while bending over.
Oh well, I guess to find out for sure I'll have to wait for my holster.
Mike
I own the new Kahr PM45 and a PM9 and must say that the width of the PPS is thinner than the PM45 and about the same as a PM9. IMO, the PPS is more of a compact pistol due to its overall height and weight. It is very skinny and that makes it that much more comfortable. As far as a Kahr being more blocky than the PPS, I really have to disagree there. The PM9 and the PPS are in two different categories. The PPS is more like the P9.

-PPS:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts