Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PPS vs P99c -- pics --

Well here are some pics I think many were waiting on.......
I have to say that ejecting a mag without having to make big grip adjustments is easier on the P99c, however the bigger dots on the sights sure won me over fast..... I need some of these on my P99's. Also I like the metal striker retaining plate
The PPS is a damn fine gun...it is more accurate than me and is easy to control.
I had my boss shoot it out to 15 feet ... 7 shots and there was one big hole in the paper... better than the factory test target. I shot 13 rounds through it and was happy too... not as good as my boss but the paper BG was for sure dead

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is mine
I picked it up today... went home to clean it.. went to my work.. shot it.. told the boss to try it...
the boss said we need to get some of these...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Okay the difference in width doesn't look like much so I want your real no BS assessment of the PPS in comparison to the PPc. How does it feel and carry compared the P99c. And is it really that accurate? And how do you like the trigger vs the AS model?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the PPS shoots somewhat softer then the P99c
I like the feel of the PPS better. Only because it is slim on the frame and I feel I can control it better without the mag extensions compared to the P99c.

The trigger is great for Glock lovers. I think from handling some of the Glocks at the store, the PPS is much better.
The PPS reset is nowhere close to the P99c/AS SA reset but some may like the weight of it better comparing it to the DA long and heavy trigger.
I think the PPS has a perfect dial on weight and travel for a carry gun with a partially precocked striker.
Not much more to say right now... I only put 13 rounds through it yesterday to test function.
But I can tell you one thing.... for IWB carry the PPS will win for sure. The grip thickness is alot and it will make all the difference to many of us trying to hide it under a shirt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for these pics! I was hoping to see one from the side and top as well, but beggars can't be choosers!
I only have 2 gun shops near me (Scheels and Cabela's) and niether carry much walther aside from the .22 pistols and an occasional PPK. I was really wanting to see and feel a P99c before I bought anything and then my PPS appeared at Scheels...
I heard the P99c is a sweet gun and I still have yet to see or feel one. I love my PPS though much better than my previous XD9. I will keep the PPS since the thickness (or lack thereof) was a driving force to get rid of the XD9. I wanted something I could conceal, and that was reliable and of good quality. Now I just need to practice some more and wait for a good holster.
I need to determine which backstrap gives me the most draw/point/shoot consistency, and I want to find a good small laser for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts