Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a side by side between the PPS and the Kahr CW9 or CW40? Just wondering how they stack up. Looks like the Kahr is about $150 cheaper than current PPS prices, a little smaller all around, and a little lighter. They're also available.

The Kahr has a "non replaceable" staked on plastic front sight and comes with one mag, fwiw.

-- Sam

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
FWIW
I have yet not seen one Kahr that I would pick over the PPS.... yes if you are looking for size maybe the Kahr will win. However the overall fit and finish of the PPS is in a different world when compared to the Kahr's (all of them) :eek:

·
Registered
335 Posts
JMOFO:

It's gonna be hard to come to a dedicated Walther forum and get a majority of folks telling you another brand of firearm is superior.. :D

Of course you can go over to the Kahr forum (if there is such a thing) and ask the same question and get a different perspective.... :)

Buy what makes ya' feel "warm and fuzzy", no matter what name is engraved on it.

Best Wishes,

JP

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JMOFO:

It's gonna be hard to come to a dedicated Walther forum and get a majority of folks telling you another brand of firearm is superior.. :D
Actually, I find that sometimes it works out real well, as you hear aspects of both sides that you wouldn't otherwise think of. ;)

I would expect the Walther to be superior, I was really just wondering if anyone had experience with the CW series.

Thanks for the input.

-- Sam

·
Registered
113 Posts
The CW9 is a cheaper version of the P9.

The PM9 is a smaller gun.

The P9 has a longer barrel than the PPS (3.5" to 3.2") but is slightly smaller in overall size and lighter than the PPS.

The PM9 has a slightly shorter barrel than the PPS (3.0" to 3.2") but is quite a bit smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I know this isn't exactly apples to apples, but here's the Kahr PM45 compared to the Walther PPS. I find the Kahr to be an excellent weapon. I just got it but I haven't fired it yet. It is very well made and looks it. Caliber to caliber (9mm to 9mm), I prefer the PPS. The fact that this particular Kahr is a .45 makes a difference to me. But we'll see how much it kicks when I shoot it. I found the PPS to be very, very mild and easy to shoot very accurately.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Great pics as usual mm6mm6. My local shop just recieved their first pps and I finally got to hold one. I held it next to a cw9 and they are near idential in all deminsions, except the pps has a much better slide contour on the top of the slide. The Kahr is more square at the top, I think gives the pps the edge on carryablilty. Also the pps trigger is super light, I was surprised, I can campare it to a Glock 3.5 lb trigger. I am sure that helps in accuracy, but; for a SD gun almost too light. Of cours the Kahr has a long revolver like trigger pull. Of, course the PPS is a Walther and I am going to buy one:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I know what you're saying banddr2!

I think the Walther PPS is one of the best all around carry guns available. In their literature, Walther lists the PPS's trigger pull at 6.1 pounds. My trigger scale said mine broke at exactly 5.0 pounds. I think that's why it feels so good to you!

And that outstanding trigger pull makes you shoot groups like this:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Outstanding! That is why I think I have decided to get rid of my pm9 for the pps. I cannot shoot the Kahr very accurately past 7 yards due to the long trigger pull, and it isn't a comfortable gun to practice alot. Shot placement is everything in an SD gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts