Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I like my P99 AS and I want to stick to Walther products. A PPK and a PPS are on my short-list. Unfortunately, things are always difficult in Massachusetts. The original PPS is on the approved roster, the PPS M2 is not. My local store now tells me that I'd need to find a "Mass compliant" PPS M1/original. Not sure what to look for. Based on my experience with the P99 that I bought new with the Mass compliant 10 round magazines there doesn't seem to be a difference otherwise. The PPS is less than 10 rounds anyway. Is there really a PPS that was specifically made for MA?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That’s what I got from the store. They said M2 not listed, original PPS needs to be “mass compliant”. No answer as to what that means.
How would I contact the agency? Do they even answer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that brings me back to the original question if there were any Mass specific variants of the original PPS or if I should be able to just find any older PPS and somebody who is willing to ship to a local store for transfer.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
You will need to find a PPS online which probably means a used pistol. I ran a search before my last post and could not find a thing.....new or used. Of course I can't cover all LGS's.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Thanks. That’s what I got from the store. They said M2 not listed, original PPS needs to be “mass compliant”. No answer as to what that means.
How would I contact the agency? Do they even answer?
It means there was a special Mass. compliant version of the PPS, which had a 10.5 lbs trigger pull (SKU 723364200151) with a disconnector marked "H", compared to the ~6.5lb trigger pull on a PPS with a disconnector marked "S". As soon as you buy it from a store/dealer, you can change it for the regular version. If you buy one from a private person, you can buy the normal version.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
You might also contact Earl Sheehan (of Earl's fame..) and see if he has the disconnector that's (M)ass compliant...

The trigger on a standard weight PPS is heavy enough. But you know how it is with nanny states and their idiotic elected....officials...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts