Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm finished...I tried 12 times to get a download for a shipping label
I did everything Walther said plus did not have any popups and it would not download to my Apple computer. Plus I emailed Walther 5 times and they never answered. I called 3 times and never got anything done. So as I said I'm finished with Walther cuz they don't have any CS that solves their problems.

When I had the Sig Sauer p320 upgrade it was immediatly solved by Sig and finished quickly and I got a 25% discount on anything I buy from Sig.

So sorry to say I'm getting rid of the PPS for a Sig Sauer P365.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Walther CS. I had no problem getting mine taken care of, but I can certainly see how frustrated you are. The CS was amazing as far as I was concerned, but clearly that's not your case. I'm sure they're swamped with work with all of these guns coming in. If it were me, I would just wait a while and then call them again after the first of the year and see if I could get a resolution. I have both a PPS and a P365. I like them both and wouldn't get rid of either of them...but I like guns....lots of guns. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow!
That is a lot of effort to achieve nothing.
I faired better with Safelite for a windshield claim and it made me pull what's left of my hair out.
Good luck with the Sig.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to say this but sig customer service is hit or miss. I own a few sigs and 2 of them have been sent in for warranty issues. Takes awhile to get repaired and returned. In my opinion, sig has gone downhill once they started to manufacture their handguns here. Quality assurance has degraded alittle. Darn shame.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did everything Walther said plus did not have any popups and it would not download to my Apple computer. Plus I emailed Walther 5 times and they never answered. I called 3 times and never got anything done. So as I said I'm finished with Walther cuz they don't have any CS that solves their problems.

When I had the Sig Sauer p320 upgrade it was immediatly solved by Sig and finished quickly and I got a 25% discount on anything I buy from Sig.

I could not get mine to download properly either, so I called.

Customer service emailed the label to me while I was on the phone. I had very good luck, detailed here.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/113965-report-pps-m2-recall-december-2018-a.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
What are you ... upgrading on the PPS?
What did you . . .upgrade on the Sig ?

thought it was compliance for a safety recall ?

Walther is now taking in some 300 to 600 guns PER DAY ! or more. And talking to as many or more on phone or emails per day.
I was in on a number of other MFG recalls, this one isn't any different. If you got in on the front of the wave it was a easy 6 day turn around. If your on the
crest of the wave . . . might take longer and a rougher ride. there has been many others that just called and had the shipper sent in email.

I wouldn't ditch the gun cause its not an over night thing. its like waiting in line for voting, next for the bathroom, taking the car in for service,
a table at a restaurant. A little anxiety till it over and on to the next wait.
What i would suggest is buy the Sig anyway . . . . .Ya never have enough :) (but i hope you have small hands for the Sig)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Most of the pps m2 owners didn't have any problems with the recall and the ones that did have problems downloading the shipping label resolved the issues in a few days.
Good luck with the 365. When you have a problem with sig usa "upgrading" after a lengthy wait period, will you sell it?
Make sure you tell the gunshop that your pps wasn't sent in for the recall!

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
#1 ditch the apple "PC".. :D

#2 CALL, CALL, CALL! Walther in Fort Smith apparently don't have time to answer emails, but they'll sure as hell answer the phone. Unless they're talking to the other 599 people who are ahead of you. Like I said, try, and try again. Patience, grasshopper.

#3 Patience, grasshopper. Again. :)

Back in '13, myself and a few others here, not to mention God knows how many thousands worldwide had to send our PPS' back for a trigger reset (or lack thereof) issue. It wasn't an overnight sensation, nor a mere week. But it came back, better than before, and I've been damned happy with it since the day it fell out of the FedEx driver's hand and back into mine.

Not once did I question unloading it on an unsuspecting buyer. That's bad karma, man.

BTW, mine was BRAND effing new, literally happened on the 136th round through it, and in front of friends over for a shooting session.

Yes, MY brand new gun quit working. Embarrassed? Hell, yes. Mad? You damn skippy, peanut butter.

They took care of me, and as mentioned, I was ahead of the curve. SO ahead, the reason for the length of time between it left me and came back was that parts had to be sent over from Germany.

So there's that, I'm done. Sell it, or don't, but don't piss and moan because Walther is busy with hundreds, if not thousands of other people and their guns too. Patience, grasshopper.. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts

As someone who also was frustrated with the shipping label, and had to try some 5 times, you should put blame where it belongs. It's actually the shipper, not Walther.

It's also probably your computer or your fault, not the fault of others. The label is there but something on YOUR PC is blocking it. Not the fault of Walther.

Walther handled this VOLUNTARY recall very well IMO. You shouldn't jump ship yet. But if you do just recognize the SIG P365 had a host of reliability issues as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thanks to all that tried to help with my Walther PPS M2. I have had more than my share of problems with no resolution. My computer isn't the problem cuz I have received shipping labels from Ruger for my MKIV and MY Sig P320 and from Home Depot, Wayfair etc.etc.etc. Walther CS is a failure. So as I said I have got rid of the PPS and have the Sig 365, which I love although I really liked the PPS. I have many guns but only want 1 CC and that's the Sig 365. Thanks all

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well thanks to all that tried to help with my Walther PPS M2. I have had more than my share of problems with no resolution. My computer isn't the problem cuz I have received shipping labels from Ruger for my MKIV and MY Sig P320 and from Home Depot, Wayfair etc.etc.etc. Walther CS is a failure. So as I said I have got rid of the PPS and have the Sig 365, which I love although I really liked the PPS. I have many guns but only want 1 CC and that's the Sig 365. Thanks all
Welcome, & good luck . . . . . to each his own and to that his path.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you got rid of the walther because of computer problems? I wish you luck and hope you enjoy your sig but that's what I got out of this thread.
No, my computer is fine, Walthers CS sucks, they just don't have a way to solve problems when they crop up given this situation, in my case

I guess you missed the parts about me sending many emails to Walther with no replies and all the phone calls that resolved nothing but that's what happens on the internet.

I have experience with sending guns back for upgrades or recalls, whatever they wish to call it, in both cases Sig and Ruger had their stuff together and everything worked perfect for me, not so this time. End of discussion.

·
Registered
181 Posts
No, my computer is fine, Walthers CS sucks, they just don't have a way to solve problems when they crop up given this situation, in my case

I guess you missed the parts about me sending many emails to Walther with no replies and all the phone calls that resolved nothing but that's what happens on the internet.

I have experience with sending guns back for upgrades or recalls, whatever they wish to call it, in both cases Sig and Ruger had their stuff together and everything worked perfect for me, not so this time. End of discussion.
Apparently SIG lying and concealing and denying their problems with drop safety in the P320 and firing pin and other problems in the P365 is *better* customer service...?:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Look it costs what, $15 to mail a gun? Seems like a MAC owner can cough up $15... if the MAC owner cannot get a label to print. I believe EVERY PERSON who tried it on the other thread ultimately was able to get it to print by disabling ad blockers... yet somehow YOU blame Walther.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Save the effort of arguing with him, leadcounsel. He's convinced he did the right thing..

It's his sandwich now, hopefully he doesn't get egg on his face from it...

I KNOW my PPS is reliable. IDGAF about his opinion of it, or of Walther's CS.

/rant. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Apparently SIG lying and concealing and denying their problems with drop safety in the P320 and firing pin and other problems in the P365 is *better* customer service...?:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Look it costs what, $15 to mail a gun? Seems like a MAC owner can cough up $15... if the MAC owner cannot get a label to print. I believe EVERY PERSON who tried it on the other thread ultimately was able to get it to print by disabling ad blockers... yet somehow YOU blame Walther.

No Sig DIDN'T LIE AND CONCEAL ANYTHING, within a short period of time they identified the problem, set up a quality fix and didn't charge anyone a penny for the upgrade or shipping, I received my P320 back in 3 weeks.

My P320 is one of the finest guns out there, I know I have over a dozen of the best semis. Sig is one of the top arms mfg's in the world and make many of the finest guns availably for the military and for the public. My P365 with 300 rounds through it now hasn't had a single issue and is a superior gun for CC compared to the PPS M2 in every objective way. My move to change to the Sig P365 has been the smart move, I'm more than happy with, as with many others, it's a game changer period for CC. My P365 carries 13 rounds end of discussion.

As for, "can I afford paying for shipping" such a silly statement you make, I have invested many, many thousands of $$$ in my collection of guns it's not about what it costs to ship the PPS it's about Walther doing the right thing to solve their problems when they have a problem. They didn't for me so screw em, my PPQ will be gone soon also. Two other Mfgs did it right, Walthers CS didn't.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
My P365 with 300 rounds through it now hasn't had a single issue and is a superior gun for CC compared to the PPS M2 in every objective way. My move to change to the Sig P365 has been the smart move, I'm more than happy with, as with many others, it's a game changer period for CC. My P365 carries 13 rounds end of discussion.

it's about Walther doing the right thing to solve their problems when they have a problem. They didn't for me so screw em, my PPQ will be gone soon also. Two other Mfgs did it right, Walthers CS didn't.

First off, the red statement. I'm glad you have a choice, however, that's an opinion, and not merely that of troll/fanboy speaking?

The blue statement: Yeah, it's a game changer. BFD, 13 rounds. I can carry a spare 8 round mag, plus the 7 rounder in my PPS, plus one "in the pipe", I never was good at math, but I think that's more rounds than your little tupperware sig. Oh, but I see yours is all in one mag. Terrible business. Maybe I should throw away my gun and make a bunch of inane posts about what a POS a company is? :rolleyes:

Lots of people, including myself have had excellent dealings with Walther CS. You're the kind of guy who probably gets a burger from Wendy's and when it has too few pickles, you get on FB and piss 'n moan about it?

Walther made a voluntary recall on these guns to fix them. You had problems ON YOUR END, it's not Walther's fault. You sir, can just....eat a rotten apple. Have a nice day, sir.

AND BTW, the Sig has nothing to compare to the PPQ. Fact.
That apple taste good? :D

Reactions: leadcounsel

·
Registered
181 Posts
No Sig DIDN'T LIE AND CONCEAL ANYTHING, within a short period of time they identified the problem, set up a quality fix and didn't charge anyone a penny for the upgrade or shipping, I received my P320 back in 3 weeks.

My P320 is one of the finest guns out there, I know I have over a dozen of the best semis. Sig is one of the top arms mfg's in the world and make many of the finest guns availably for the military and for the public. My P365 with 300 rounds through it now hasn't had a single issue and is a superior gun for CC compared to the PPS M2 in every objective way. My move to change to the Sig P365 has been the smart move, I'm more than happy with, as with many others, it's a game changer period for CC. My P365 carries 13 rounds end of discussion.

As for, "can I afford paying for shipping" such a silly statement you make, I have invested many, many thousands of $$$ in my collection of guns it's not about what it costs to ship the PPS it's about Walther doing the right thing to solve their problems when they have a problem. They didn't for me so screw em, my PPQ will be gone soon also. Two other Mfgs did it right, Walthers CS didn't.
Not really here to, nor interested in, debate on whether Sig lied and concealed and denied problems with their P320 and P365. I recall Sig lying or being very deceptive about denying NDs from their dropped P320s.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/09/p320-unsafe-new-failure/

And dragging their feet denying the P365 had many problems with their firing pins and other issues and putting band-aids on them until they finally were essentially forced by consumers to fix these issues...

You can do your own research but that's the reality.

And 300 rounds in a pistol is not impressive. That's barely a break-in period. The P365s that have failed are known to fail around 1000 rounds.

BTW, I have plenty of nice pistols too, even Sigs and HKs... neener...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts