Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During one of the gun shows on the Outdoor Channel they had an advertisement for the PPS. The commercial said the PPS is available in 9mm and .40. Hopefully distribution will begin to increase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
PPS Commercial

Hi Pitmaster: I saw it last night during one of the Gun shows on Outdoor Channel, too. Good commercial. I'm jones'n for a .40.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You're kidding me, right? You mean WaltherAmerica actually did some real advertising? :eek:
I'd rather they spend their money building up their distribution network, or at least injecting product into it... ;)

I do appreciate seeing a good gun commercial on the tube, though.

-- Sam

·
Registered
335 Posts
BG:

Thanks for the link.

Between this commercial and the testing of the PPS in almost every major firearms magazine recently it would seem whoever is in charge of advertising the Walther PPS in the U.S. finally got his/her head out of his/her posterior.:eek:

I know the excellent P99 series of Walthers were treated like red-headed step-children by the media.

Better late than never I guess..

I love my PPS.

Thanks Again!

JP

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Love the Bond theme they used.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Depends on the writers, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does that mean the pps will be the new bond gun?
Some of that may depend upon how much Walther would be willing to spend for placement in a movie. Inserting products into movies or TV shows is a bigger business now than it was 25 years ago. It will continue to grow.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My personal opinion is that a smaller weapon doesn't have as big of a screen presence as the P99.

The PPK was smaller than the PPS, but the PPK was already a well known handgun before the Bond movies through the many books Fleming wrote and it's involvement in WWII and postwar sales.

I think Walther would be better off maintaining the P99 in the movies. The general public is starting to identify Bond with the P99. I'm not sure Walther would want to tamper with the success of the P99 in the Bond movies.

Incidentally, I had my first P99 before Bond had his with no idea that Eon had chosen the new Walther for the movie.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very Bond. When they re-introduce Q (and please don't get cute with casting him) it looks like he may be giving Bond a new gun.

Q

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I'll be very disappointed if I don't get another look at Samantha Bond in the next movie.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think Walther would be better off maintaining the P99 in the movies. The general public is starting to identify Bond with the P99. I'm not sure Walther would want to tamper with the success of the P99 in the Bond movies.
I think that you're probably right. But, had the P99C existed at the time they might have gone with it instead. With the optional use of extended mags it arguably offers the more sensible choice with greater concealability and the same firepower.

Q

1 - 17 of 17 Posts