Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine is a little crunchy and slow to reset but pretty consistent . Not bad for a carry gun.
longer reset point than a Glock.
Not bad over all. Mine did improve during first few hundred rounds of use. For its size the PPS is a very accurate little pistol so trigger is useful
Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the trigger on my FE feels very consistent. I have only run 35 rounds through it and I am still getting used to it though. I had an XD9 and I think this gun shoots softer and has a better trigger than that one. I don't even mind shooting with the smallest magazine if I wrap my pinky under the bottom!
Waht i am really needing to play with is which backstrap gives me the most consistent position when i pull the gun out, point and hit the target.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I may have to have one of these, but I need to know more about the trigger. Since it is a partially pre-cocked striker, is it like a Glock or does it have a longer DA pull like a revolver (lighter of course). Any info will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe it is definitely a little longer than a Glock. AND, like Jim said, the trigger reset is a little longer too.

However, accuracy wise, it is better than my G19. Excellent pistol, especially to be so small.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine started out smooth as silk with a very even, consistent trigger pull. Then I got nutty and cleaned and degreased a brand new pistol using some Slip Degreaser (good stuff) and the take-up became very crunchy. I wound up removing the striker assembly from the slide (very easy) and cleaned it thoroughly. I then used a little Slip 2000 lube on the surfaces that contact each other and all is well...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine started out smooth as silk with a very even, consistent trigger pull. Then I got nutty and cleaned and degreased a brand new pistol using some Slip Degreaser (good stuff) and the take-up became very crunchy. I wound up removing the striker assembly from the slide (very easy) and cleaned it thoroughly. I then used a little Slip 2000 lube on the surfaces that contact each other and all is well...
What type of ammo have you been using ? I wonder if that had some part in the problem ?
Jim

·
Registered
62 Posts
What type of ammo have you been using ? I wonder if that had some part in the problem ?
Jim
I've been using primarily WWB and shooting 25-50 rds of Speer Gold Dot +P every so often. We were out the other day and we ran around 250 rds of WWB through it and a few Speer GD's. The trigger is still smooth and silky.

I'm just taking an semi-educated guess, but I would think some wear/bedding has to occur before all the parts and pieces get along well together. I was just bummed that I felt I had to degrease a perfectly fine pistol. Oh well, I guess I have to get out of the habit of fixing stuff until it's broken... :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been using primarily WWB and shooting 25-50 rds of Speer Gold Dot +P every so often. We were out the other day and we ran around 250 rds of WWB through it and a few Speer GD's. The trigger is still smooth and silky.

I'm just taking an semi-educated guess, but I would think some wear/bedding has to occur before all the parts and pieces get along well together. I was just bummed that I felt I had to degrease a perfectly fine pistol. Oh well, I guess I have to get out of the habit of fixing stuff until it's broken... :D
I'm similarly afflicted :)
I pulled out my striker assembly and soaked it in Rem-Action Cleaner. I lightly oiled and re-assembled it then fired 50 rds of Winchester 124g Ranger +p. No failures and trigger feels pretty good. I think you are correct. Time and use will smooth everything thing out.
Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
trigger

Long and crunchy is how my trigger feels. Got about 100 rounds through it with no problems, all went boom and ejected brass. No problems with my reloads. My question is about the take down....does it breakdown like a Glock ? I'm very happy with it. Traded my Kahr PM 9. Much better to shoot, fits the hand better than the Kahr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Small world, I just traded my PM9 today for a FE. We are due to qual next week so I'll see what happens. Anything short of blowing up in my hand will beat the PM9. This is my first post, but I did read almost everything that you fine people had to say before I got my FE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts