Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am wondering what the group's experience has been with the PPS RMSc?

I'm sold on the PPS itself. I own one and like the ergonomics and shootability.

What's been the experience with the optic? Is it reliable? Does it seem durable? Does it effect the reliability of the gun in any way?

I'm still pretty new to RMRs. My sole experience with them has been with the Trijicon RMR on a PPQ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a PPSM2 w the RMSc back in June. Put @800 rounds through it without an issue. Took it off for a reason that had nothing to do with its reliability. It now sits on my Q5. Has another 3-400 rounds through it without issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
450 rounds so far and the only issue I notice is that the glass can easily scratch. I have some very fine minute scratches that you can see if held up to a light. It doesn't affect anything visually when shooting though so it appears to be just cosmetic.

Otherwise I think it is a great setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got about 300 rounds through my PPS RMSC and have had no issues.
I cleaned it once with (wet) camera lens cleaning tissues and I too have some very fine scratches on the lens.
You can only see it if held up to the light at a certain angle.
I cleaned the lens because I got some CLP on it when cleaning the pistol.
I wish there was a rubber cover of some sort available (like my Vortex Venoms).

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is helpful. I'm much more concerned with the reliability of the sight than the gun. My current PPS has been 100% reliable for at least 1500 rounds, new recall not withstanding...

The mini Shield sight is compact but feels like a toy compared to the rugged Trijicon RMR sights. If it holds up well, I think this PPS will be in my future. I love red dots and carry one on my P-07 but that's a bit hard to hide in the summer!

·
Registered
74 Posts
450 rounds with no issues at all. I agree with XL Target that the lens does get micro scratches easily, but they don't affect seeing the dot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use red dots to compete with, as my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I borrowed a friend's P365 to shoot a match and it shot very well for me. I see Galloway is offering Shield slide cuts for the P365 now. I really wanted a P365 but I'll wait a little longer for some of the issues to be ironed out.

I jumped on the PPS M2 with the RMSC as I figured that this would be the perfect carry gun for me. Surprisingly, The PPS turns out to be incredibly accurate too with basically one hole eight round groups.
My concern was that the shield is not as robust as the Trijicon or Leupold RDS's out there. I think even my Vortex RDS's are quite a bit more robust.

I saw a photo on the net of a Dara holster that covered the RDS. So when I ordered a holster for it, I asked Dara to make me a holster similar to the photo below.

This is the photo that I found.

My holster is identical but it is leather patterned kydex instead of a Carbon Fiber pattern.
They did an excellent job and the kydex clears the sight all around its frame.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have same question, I do have 3 DeltaPoint Pro on handguns now and love them, With my eyes lets me shoot like I was 25 years old again.
Found a guy on You Tube that tests Red Dots, Results were not good fir this one and even DPP was not great, but having said that and watching the videos I will never abuse a red dot like he does, it is only a range toy as I live in NJ. But these torture tests are interesting to getting all perspectives on them. Check them out on YouTube(Sage Dynamics) or read the results on his website download
https://www.sagedynamics.org/

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run red dots on several of my firearms and am really pleased that we have the Shield as a option for the PPS
While some of those red dots appear to be significantly more robust than the shield, they are also way to big to fit on the PPS.
I've watched the Sage Dynamic videos and he beats the living daylights out of those red dots while testing them. In itself that is not a bad thing as it lets you know how durable the optic is.
However, I'm not going to to Afghanistan as part of a SEAL team. I'm not jumping out of aeroplanes, cars, trucks, submarines or spaceships, etc. If I was I wouldn't be carrying a PPS.

My holster is rigid kydex and encloses the Shield on my PPS. If the optic fails, even if the glass falls out, I still have the factory sights on the gun.
That's good enough for me. That's the reason that I bought the PPS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts