Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Fedex sticker on my door today and I opted to drive across town to pickup the returned pistol.
Walter did not call or email me that it was on it's way home, which I thought was tacky.
They did not replace the barrel to solve the peening problem that exists, and I ask them to do that. They did file the peening down and the area is now smooth.
Best I can tell, they did not alter the trigger job I have on this gun. I hope to shoot it Saturday or Sunday and will know then.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed the mark in the magwell, indicating the recall repair, is NOT in my magwell.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed the mark in the magwell, indicating the recall repair, is NOT in my magwell.

·
Registered
196 Posts
it maybe just my eyes but does the trigger center safety blade look as if
it might be a pinch wider . . . front to back ? (more travel to release)

Got mine back a couple hours ago... 6 days turn around including shipping

My trigger pull is poor, very bumpy. (it was "acceptable" before) I also noticed that IF you pull the trigger back slow and "centered" no side load,
STRAIGHT back till release, it isn't too bad. If you do give it the slightest side load, which would be normal as your finger is making an arch to pull, it is terrible !

Well i'm on the backup EDC so a disection is in order as this is not gonna fly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be waiting to see whether a growing number of people experience a degraded trigger pull. I haven't sent mine back in yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll be waiting to see whether a growing number of people experience a degraded trigger pull. I haven't sent mine back in yet.

Mine was definitely worse. It is a longer, creepy and gritty trigger now. I am appalled. I had 2000 rounds through mine and before I sent it in the trigger was smooth and had very little creep. Maybe another 2000 rounds through it will cause the metal on metal to smooth out so it becomes good again. Just disappointed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shot mine today for 30 rounds. I think the trigger job is ok; will have to shoot it more as I had not shot it a lot before sending it in for repairs.
BUT, the trigger reset HAS changed. It's longer to reset the the "click" and feel is NOT the same.

Reactions: cop154

·
Registered
4 Posts
PPS M2 after repair

That was what I immediately noticed. The trigger feels like a new PPS trigger, but the reset is almost all the way out and not nearly as crisp as it was.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine has no differences in reset length, no gritty or sloppy trigger and the break/wall is the same as it was prior to the recall journey. Have fired 150rds thus far.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Won't be able to check the pix I took until the weekend. But I checked trigger pull, still 7 lbs. Compared reset length against Mr. GunsNgear review which was pre-recall. Same length, never realized how long it is. I think the dingus is just a bit stiffer. The original was much stiffer than any other in the collection.

Short range trip and it's as accurate as ever. Shooter not so much.

-- Mark

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm glad someone finally took some pictures so we could see the before/after. If what reports I've heard about the recall being caused by M1 safety parts being used in the M2's are true, the photos should show. The M1 and M2 trigger shoes are noticeably different. My guess is that they replaced the entire trigger bar and trigger shoe assembly since people are reporting degraded trigger smoothness. I did a Glock style polish job on my M1 and it was a tremendous improvement, so people should be able to address any changes easily if they are willing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I signed up online to return my M2 for recall / repair. If I remember correctly, the web page said a printable Fedex return label would appear on the web page or possibly be sent to me by email. It didn't display online and I received nothing by email. I believe the web page also said it may require four to six weeks for my weapon to be returned to me. I don't want to call Walther to obtain a Fedex label and I don't want it gone for four to six weeks. I suppose it will simply not be recalled.

I also decided to not send mine in until I read more about the effect on the trigger pull of repaired weapons. It took about one thousand fired rounds to get my pistols trigger pull feeling good. I don't want to go through that again.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Disable all pop-up blockers on your browser. There can be one in the browser and one in security software you run.

As for difference in the trigger I think it's hard to really tell. I dry fired before I sent mine in but how well did I remember its feel two weeks later when I got it back?

One person said the reset is longer, but comparing mine against an old video review there is no change (it's a long reset). Another person had a lot of dust/fuzzies from carry in it and on the cruciform. Getting it back it was still there so they didnt change the cruciform.

Probably the only way to tell is to find an unrepaired PPS and do a side by side trigger comparison assuming similar round counts.

I added a little dry lube to the striker sear and it really helped but I know that will wear off.

Unfortunately Walther has been coy about what they're repairing. If they would just come out and say we can make an educated guess as to what the new feel should be

Personally I think the dingus is just a bit stiffer to push but it was already stiffer than my other dingus equipped pistols.

-- Mark

·
Registered
202 Posts
I signed up online to return my M2 for recall / repair. If I remember correctly, the web page said a printable Fedex return label would appear on the web page or possibly be sent to me by email. It didn't display online and I received nothing by email. I believe the web page also said it may require four to six weeks for my weapon to be returned to me. I don't want to call Walther to obtain a Fedex label and I don't want it gone for four to six weeks. I suppose it will simply not be recalled.

I also decided to not send mine in until I read more about the effect on the trigger pull of repaired weapons. It took about one thousand fired rounds to get my pistols trigger pull feeling good. I don't want to go through that again.
These have turned out to be phantom problems.
1. Disable all popup blockers, as you may have several like I did.
2. The turn around has been reported at 2 weeks or less. Mine was 14 days including 4 shipping days, 4 weekend days, and 2 holiday days (Thanksgiving). Shop had it for 4 days or less.
3. Trigger is imperceptibly different - i.e. it's the exact same thing as before. It's just like my other PPS triggers. And you certainly won't notice any perceived "difference" at the range or in a self defense shooting.

Walther handled this extremely well, unlike Taurus which screwed customers with a head-fake on a trigger fix that never materialized, and then stole customers guns and offered 1/2 value totally different guns in return and then good 6-18 months to send them a new gun or check for 1/2 their gun value...

Send it in. Avoid possible ND.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts