Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to the new PPS, it looks like a light, thin 9x19 that will work great for concealed carry. Considering it is a Walther, I'm sure the quality will be much better than the Kel-Tec PF9 (which is another single-stack, thin 9x19).

Walther PPS with flush-fit 6-round magazine

Walther PPS with extended 7-round magazine

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
The first 250 are in the US....... there is more to come from what I understand...but all are sold according to Walther. Not sure how they do it as is shot serial 052 or 054 while being here so they might be in a higher serial range or have a different serial number as the one I shot did not have the promised PPS prefix from the advertisement
I have some more info too.....
optional mag release safty for some states.... it was built around the .40S&W so the 9mm is a dream to shoot..... after the first 1000 no more test targets...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will try to get some pictures up this week. I got my dealer to get me a 2nd first edition. Using one for CCW & keeping the 2nd in the case. Only one of his distributors had them. The way he explained it each salesman in the distributor had 1 allottment & if he did not sell his it went back in the pool & my dealers saleperson got the 2nd & so did I.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Steve
can you give me some info on the serial number on your PPS or part of the serial.....
I shot one here in Germany with the serial 0052 and was wondering if the US market is getting a different prefix - the one I shot had a 2 letter prefex and not the promised PPS prefix

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up my First Edition yesterday, as well. Serial PPS11X :)
Shoots very nicely. 60 rounds +/-, no malfunctions using a variety of loads. As noted above, it came with 3 mags: 6, 7, and 8 rd. The 6 is obviously the most concealable, but the 7 fits in my hand the best and should work fine in that regard, so the 8 will be the spare for CCW. The thought of preserving the gun unfired in the case did occur to me, it just didn't last very long..... If I must complain, it would be that the slide stop/release is somewhat small, and really hard to push down. We'll see if time & use improves it.
Funny thing: I called Walther USA a little under 10 days ago, and was told that the PPS would not arrive until November!! How does a company not even know that their guns are already here, much less be off by that many months?
In any case, the PPS is a welcome "edition" to my Walther stable.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Well this is for sure interesting.... I bet there is different serial #'s then for the american market.....
this is the one I shot while being in Germany........

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts