Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was dry shooting today with my PPS M1 and I found out that when I rack the slide as fast as I can, the striker isn't cocking! I tested it empty with no mag, with dummy rounds and with live ones and it happens 100% of the time. It cycles all the rounds no problem with no malfunction. If I rack a fraction of a second slower or really slow it does cock every time though. The way I replicate it is, grab the slide, rack it as fast as I can to the end and let it go back by itself.

Do you have the same problem? I tested the same on my PPQ and the striker cocks as normal. I contacted the seller and he said it probably is a problem of the striker and I should go Monday to replace it. What do you think it might be? I will test it on the range this Sunday by shooting 100 rounds because I dont think I'm racking the slide faster than a live round. It never had a problem or a fail for the 5000 rounds I've shot so far, but training to cure a malfunction with tap and rack leaves me worried that it wont cock.

Thanks for reading and if you know anything please reply.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I also have a PPS M1 .
Some checks to consider.
First is related to the striker assembly,the guide can crack.

Take the striker out of the slide. Disassemble to remove the striker assembly. Inspect for cracks in the guide. Clean and lube per the manual.

Backstraps.
Check that the disconnector is set and test the decking function by removing the backstrap.
Look at the trigger bar and assembly with the slide off. Notice how high or elevated internal parents are. Take a picture .
Then
Remove the backstrap. This will decock. Inspect and lube.
Inspect the backstrap.
Make sure the backstrap plastic catch surface is OK .
With the slide off. Reinstall the backstrap.
Compare the action to the photo.

Put the slide back on and try it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a PPS M1 .
Some checks to consider.
First is related to the striker assembly,the guide can crack.

Take the striker out of the slide. Disassemble to remove the striker assembly. Inspect for cracks in the guide. Clean and lube per the manual.

Backstraps.
Check that the disconnector is set and test the decking function by removing the backstrap.
Look at the trigger bar and assembly with the slide off. Notice how high or elevated internal parents are. Take a picture .
Then
Remove the backstrap. This will decock. Inspect and lube.
Inspect the backstrap.
Make sure the backstrap plastic catch surface is OK .
With the slide off. Reinstall the backstrap.
Compare the action to the photo.

Put the slide back on and try it again.
Thanks a lot! I will do that first thing in the morning! And post if I found anything wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts