Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the PPS M2 barrel peening issue been fixed yet (due to the trigger bar hitting the edge of the barrel)? or is it still luck of the draw?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uggg, that's so disappointing to hear that Walther is just ignoring this design flaw. Guess I'll have to officially knock the PPS M2 off my list of single stacks to get.

I had 2 of them a couple years back, but sold them once I noticed the peening (the last one was like a year and a half ago). Was hoping that they would correct the issue, but guess I'll have to stick to my P99 compacts

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is my first Walther...yay me.
I have about 150 rounds through it.
Sights are intact, not on the recall list and no sign of peening yet.

Is there a round count typically before the peening is pronounced?

Did I buy the one functioning PPS M2?

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think there are about two people on this entire forum that have pronounced peening. I've got 4 PPS (3 original, 1 M2). All have been fired and came to me used, and I've fired at least a couple of them. Two have zero peening evidence. Two might have the slightest possible hint under a magnifying glass of the peening. I'm going to monitor but I am not at all concerned.

The PPS has now gone down to sub $300 used in my area, nearly disposable gun pricing. I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over a perceived "peening" problem. Which Walther doesn't recognize as a problem anyway. I've not heard any reports of any problems caused by it either.

If you're still really unsure on the PPS, go with the classic. It's a better gun IMO and the ergos are more akin to the P99 anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts