Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my eye on the Walther PPS for quite some time but thought it was somewhat expensive. Today, I "pulled the trigger" and purchased a new PPS on sale for $489 from GrabAGun.com. Their regular price was $520.

Given the competition and the rollout of the the new CCP, I am wondering if the PPS price will trend lower. Or, perhaps the PPS will be updated with a traditional mag release button. In that case, Walther may want to reduce the inventory of the classic paddle release models. I like the paddle release (and sale price), so this was a great purchase for me.

Here is the GrabAGun.com link: Walther PPS Pistol 9mm 3.2-inch Black 7rd Online Gun Store

·
Registered
175 Posts
Only reason I've held off purchasing a PPS from Grabagun is because theirs only ships with 1 mag for some reason.

I would love to see a PPS updated to look like a PPQ - slide and grip wise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 1 mag is disappointing. It probably keeps the price down. But, it's hard to understand why the PPS cost is so high. I bought my PPQ for $500 new (2 years ago). At that time, the PPS was priced around $600. I would not be surprised if there was an update to the PPS in the next year.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My experience is I only regret money I spent on inferior guns. When I have a good quality gun in my hand, a gun that oozes quality, performs flawlessly, and know I can trust my life with it. I am not thinking "I wonder if I could have gotten it for $20 less somewhere else?"

I'm thinking "This gun was worth every penny!"

Not saying to not look for good deals. Just that in some cases you can waste too much energy and time looking for a good deal, that amounts to the cost of a couple boxes of bullets.

Buy what you want the first time, and buy quality. You won't regret the PPS. Ed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes to both post #2 and #3.....it's called the CCP.:D
The CCP is the reason I'm holding off on buying a PPS right now. I'm also thinking the PPS will see an update next year. So that too gives me enough reason to hold off for another year on the PPS. I plan to buy the CCP the second I find one in stock.

·
Official Walther Insider
151 Posts
Only reason I've held off purchasing a PPS from Grabagun is because theirs only ships with 1 mag for some reason.

I would love to see a PPS updated to look like a PPQ - slide and grip wise
It would be strange if they were taking the extra mag that we provide out of the box before selling it. We only ship PPS' with two magazines. So they may just be saying that the gun comes with 1 extra mag as an accessory. Either way it is strange..

·
Registered
175 Posts
They clearly state that their PPS only comes with 1 mag. Someone even wrote a review and mentions that it only came with 1 mag. It is very odd and a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just wanted to report that the PPS I received from GrabAGun had 2 mags even though they state there is only one mag. Of course, I won't complain about the extra mag. The PPS is an awesome gun!

Walther PPS magazines (all sizes) are cheaper at GrabAGun than most competitors. I wish I ordered extra mags while they were still in stock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am very pleased to hear that they do indeed ship with two mags from GrabAGun. I may purchase a PPS from them when the time is right.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am very pleased to hear that they do indeed ship with two mags from GrabAGun. I may purchase a PPS from them when the time is right.
Maybe the database they get all the details from (maybe from the distributor) incorrectly lists the PPS as having only one mag?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts