Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with the mod 1 with a Silencerco Omega 9K or Griffin Armament Revolution 9K please?

I know smaller pistols can struggle to be reliably suppressed sometimes. Still, the mod 1 remains my favourite 9mm polymer and I would like to suppress with a short-ish can.

Any indications / experience gratefully received.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
While I do shoot suppressed, my SilencerCo Octane 45 is still in ATF jail and I don't own a threaded barrel for my PPS Classic ... so I can't really lend you any support.

I would if I could! And I'll be watching this thread out of sheer interest, as well!

Surreal

P.S. Did you have your PPS barrel modified ... or did you find a source for off-the-shelf threaded PPS barrels??

Reactions: euro

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Dang that Scorpion is tiny!

As a matter of comparison, my Octane 45 will be 1.37" in diameter and 8.5" long -- which is 2.2" longer than a PPS Classic, itself! (Thankfully it's only 12.1oz.)

Reactions: euro

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
As long as a suppressor has a design with a Nielsen device (AKA piston or LID), then it should work even if it is a bit heavy. These early non piston AAC cans (Scorpion, Spider 1 & 2) were small and light, and even then, did not work on some guns. My Scorpion is only 4" long, 1.0" diameter, and 2.2 ounces.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
The Octane 45 has changeable pistons -- which is one reason I purchased it (i.e. multi-caliber use). The down side is that it's massive compared to the Scorpion ... but since I don't do wet work for a living and a pistol can is merely a range toy for me, that's quite acceptable. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While I do shoot suppressed, my SilencerCo Octane 45 is still in ATF jail and I don't own a threaded barrel for my PPS Classic ... so I can't really lend you any support.

I would if I could! And I'll be watching this thread out of sheer interest, as well!

Surreal

P.S. Did you have your PPS barrel modified ... or did you find a source for off-the-shelf threaded PPS barrels??

I keep the PPS in Europe, as I spend much time here and there. When my PPS slide stop was modified, the armorer also offered a threaded barrel option, happily.

Suppressors have wildly differing laws over law - some countries seeing them as a useful sound filter for non shooters and others assuming you are training to be a assassin or something - somewhat as they do here!

I really hoped for more replies - I have been away for a couple of weeks.

Although I understand Neilsen devices generally allow suppressors to work on most pistols, I have had experience where some struggle.

Thanks to those who replied. I look forward to seeing your PPS with the Octane 45 in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I give in - I tried all four links available on Photobucket and none seemed to post the pic in the post so bollocks to it. Click the link if you are interested.

Walther PPS mod.1 extended factory barrel, threaded aftermarket with the Silencerco Omega 9K.

Just trying to get the pic in the post - maybe I'm copying the wrong link...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts