Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this mentioned on another post, is there a 3rd gen PPS in the distance? I searched and could find nuttin?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm really hoping they do an "M3" or some other designation with P365/Hellcat capacity. Keep the design and grip shape, just make the grip wide enough to accommodate the mags, and have a picatinny rail up front. Maybe have an optics ready version as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I look at my 365xl next to my my PPQsc it is waaayyy smaller, Walther could do way better. Think Hellcat PPQ

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah I've been hoping for an answer to the P365 since Sig released the xl. Sadly there doesn't seem to be much more than resting on P99/PPQ laurels over at Walther. The concealed carry market is extremely competitive and they must be feeling the hurt since the Hellcat and P365 destroyed the competition with their capacity in the 1" skinny gun category. Seems trivial for Walther to either increase the PPS or the CCP to a 10 round version but they just sit there like a bump on a log.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Walther seems like they release guns around the end of they year. Plus, with the situation being what it is in the US, from a business standpoint, it might make more sense for Walther to maximize production of existing models for a while. They will sell. Everything defense oriented is selling right now.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I am hoping Walther comes out with a "small frame" PPQ. They have the large frame PPQ45. They have the medium frame PPQ which is their bread and butter.

A small frame PPQ would complete the deal.

It would be more concealable than the medium frame PPQs and allow Walther to better take on the other players in the concealed carry market.

I like the PPS. The ergonomics of the CCP are first class. But I think a small frame PPQ would be more competitive in the current market.

I'd be happy to see a small frame P99 but think that is even less likely to happen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They should redo the M1, keep squarish looks, improve backstraps, improve texture, optic ready, night fission factory sights, shorter barrel and bit more capacity. That is PPS “M3”

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
They should redo the M1, keep squarish looks, improve backstraps, improve texture, optic ready, night fission factory sights, shorter barrel and bit more capacity. That is PPS “M3”
You liked the M1 squared-off looks?

I'm ambivalent on that but do agree the PPS could use an update. It's a fine gun as is but user expectations in that small carry gun niche are increasing rapidly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
basically, if they just did a Walther “ Hellcat” with optic readiness it would be perfect, just with Walther touches. Hellcat is bit more user friendly than P365.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like the Clinton ban kicked off the chopped double stacks. 1" double stacks are setting a new standard in my opinion. Its a matter of when Walther will. About a year after the release of the P365 I visited a gun store in Switzerland and I asked about the P365. They were just getting the pistols to their market (being US made) They were excited but not for its cost, of an approximate equivalent of $950 USD due to the importation add-ons. My guess is the Euro market would also embrace Walther .955" (joke) double stack. Lets hope soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts