Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPS M2 that I purchased over a year and a half ago I have over 1500 -2000 rounds through it and have recently been getting failure to feed call Walter today sent it to them two months ago they said it was OK ....now today they tell me that my magazines are old and need to be replaced and I’m not holding the gun right I They can look at it but I would have to pay I have been Shooting for 50 years ...don’t know if anybody else has had a problem with them

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ronaldo.
Does the cartridge hang up on the barrel?
Does the failure to feed happen with all magazines?
Consider a new recoil spring assembly.
Also disassemble and clean each magazine.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I agree with Xring and have this to add.

I have about 2,000 rounds through my PPS M2. I have no failures of any kind. I clean the gun after each firing. I strip the magazines and clean them at 500 rounds, and I rotate magazines to assure even wear on them.

I clean the fed ramp after each firing, and I polish it at 500 rounds.

I plan on replacing the recoil spring at the next 500 round maintenance. I will replace it with the OEM part. Springs do decrees in tensile strength over time with use.

Reactions: michael.ed

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Welcome aboard. First, be glad that there is nothing mechanical wrong with your PPS. Second, a new recoil spring is not expensive and might solve your issue. Cleaning mags is pretty quick but carbon and other debris in the shaft can increase drag and decrease upward pressure thereby causing various FTF issues. Finally, No offense as many of us are older shooters but, hand strength decreases can increase the likelihood of limp-wristing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came here as I have the same problem as the OP. I was gifted this PPS from another who didn't like it, so not sure of the total round count. I did purchase 2 8-rd mags that probability have 2K rds through them. The issue occurs with all three mags. I'll clean them and report back in a week or so.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
The first place to start with any feed issues for any semi-auto pistol is with a good, deep cleaning of magazines. I used to be surprised by how dirty the mags were that came with used pistols that I have bought, regardless of age, caliber, or manufacturer. Even a couple of German police turn-in pistols have had dirty magazines. My $0.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts