Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can’t find anyone who is willing to work on my pps m2 locally. Someone off here said to ship it to Colorado he wants me to ship with usps priority that’s illegal isn’t it since I’m not a ffl dealer? My trigger needs fixing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t find anyone who is willing to work on my pps m2 locally. Someone off here said to ship it to Colorado he wants me to ship with usps priority that’s illegal isn’t it since I’m not a ffl dealer? My trigger needs fixing
As long as the person to whom you are sending it is has FFL, then you can send it to them legally.

I'd probably go FedEx overnight insured based on my having lost packages sent via USPS.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fixing meaning repaired or modified?
If repaired: contact walther.
If modified: there is a few tutorials on here and elsewhere

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It's not legal for a non-FFL to ship a pistol via USPS. You can ship it via common/contract carrier, such as UPS or FedEX if it's going to a licensee, and they can ship it back directly to you. If you ship it via UPS/FedEX, you'll likely have to take it to a shipping center, not an agent like UPS Store, Walgreens, or Office Max, and according to Federal law you have to tell them it's a firearm and get a receipt proving that you told them. It has to go via Next Day Air according the the shipper's policy.

If you don't have a UPS or FedEX shipping center close by, it would probably be easier to take it to an FFL and have him ship it via USPS for you. The recipient can ship it directly back to you, but often they elect to return it to the FFL that sent it to them. In that case, you pay the FFL twice and IIRC you have to fill out a 4473 to get it back from the FFL that received it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
How many rounds do you have through your pps?

Mine got very nice after about 500 rounds which was really only about 3 trips to the range. There was also a lot of practice dry firing.

After each session clean and lubricant the gun and see if it doesn’t get better before spending money on a trigger job.

While my trigger isn’t as nice as my ppq it is still better then most others.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd leave it alone. a carry gun doesn't need a razor sharp trigger with a 3 lb break. It's better than most single stack guns out there and gets REALLY smooth after 400-500 rounds down the pipe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. This isn't an expensive range gun, or a race gun used for competitions. IMHO, for its intended purpose, the trigger pull is perfect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Shooters blame their inaccurate shooting on everything from trigger, barrels, ammo and sights. I am sure you have heard some "head scratchers".
If your shooting fundamentals are subpar,instead of modifying your pistol, get a cost effective training/practice aid like a laser bore sighter. $8 on ebay.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ck. out Bill Springfield. If you email him he will respond back and tell you if he can work on it.I wanted my wifes PPK/S .22 modified and he said to just send the lower. Not much $ either.Got rid of the gun and traded it for a P22QD.Much better.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Ck. out Bill Springfield. If you email him he will respond back and tell you if he can work on it.I wanted my wifes PPK/S .22 modified and he said to just send the lower. Not much $ either.Got rid of the gun and traded it for a P22QD.Much better.

Which shipper did you use? The OP does not want to use USPS as Springfield suggested because it's a violation of USPS rules.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which shipper did you use? The OP does not want to use USPS as Springfield suggested because it's a violation of USPS rules.
I have used USPS before but my FFL guy sent it back through them not me specifically. I think that is the only way you can if using USPS. Now I have sent a gun back to Ruger with Fedex and I just boxed it up and took to them and told them what was in the box. Fedex is faster by days. The Fedex was 2 days and USPS was 7.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts