Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure some of you, like me, like the paddle style mag releases on walthers and H&K's.
Would you consider getting one if walther made a M2 with the european mag release?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd definitely consider it. For me, I can adjust to mag release locations. I still have a couple of W. German made Sig P230 that have a heel style mag release. Just takes a conscious effort to pay attention to where it's located on the pistol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
While I prefer the paddles I would not exchange one for the other now that I have am M2.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Keep up the whining about the precious paddles and we'll all go back to C-96 style fixed magazines to be loaded from stripper clips :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd prefer the Euro release as long as it was similar to the HK type, but the one on the M2 now is very fast and easy to use. I doubt if I could reload quicker with a paddle. On other firearms, it would be paddle hands down.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've grown to prefer the PPS or P99 paddles actually. Problem with the thumb-button is accidental disengaging holstered magazine from gun. Rare but I've seen it.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I've grown to prefer the PPS or P99 paddles actually. Problem with the thumb-button is accidental disengaging holstered magazine from gun. Rare but I've seen it.
If I put my PPQ Navy (M2) into my IWB holster and press the gun against my hip, it will drop the mag every time.

That's a leather backing, not so sure a holster meant for the M2 wouldn't also be the same way, it's just a piece of cowhide on the gun's left side, after all.

Yep, paddles are superior, in that regard at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts