Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I bought a PPS M2 a few weeks ago and put 500 rounds through it the first trip. First few hundred were flawless. Started having FTE/FTF near the end and attributed it to a dirty gun..

After taking it home and cleaning it very well I took it back out and couldn't get through 4 rounds without a malfunction. I tried different ammo, lube, everything. Multiple people shot it and looked at it and couldn't figure it out so I sent it off to Walther. RMA process was quick and painless. By far the easiest RMA I've ever done.

After receiving an email saying they received it and would look at it in 5-7 business days, I received an email from the gun tech 7 days later. He said they are waiting for parts from Germany. Now I'm curious as to what needs to be replaced? I did ask but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with their Customer Service and turn-around times? So far their communication has been excellent and I LOVE the gun (when it's working).

·
Registered
77 Posts
That’s what I figured or hoped would happen. Oh well, customer service has been great so far. I can wait..

I applaud your pragmatic, patient and calm outlook on the situation. It always amuses me when posters on gun forums describe a problem with their new gun and immediately launch into a tirade with statements like "this gun is a piece of ****" or "how can a big name like XYZ produce such crap and let problems like this through their QC inspections" or "I'll never buy XYZ brand again". There's no such thing as 100% perfection in any manufacturing/assembly process, no matter who the manufacturer is. Heck, the only two problems I've ever experienced with my new gun purchases were on a Sig and a Springfield - both very reputable manufacturers. But just like the OP, I received excellent customer service and the issues were resolved to my complete satisfaction.
Anyway, good for you for having a good attitude despite the inconvenience.:)
By the way my PPS M2 has been flawless through 1500 rounds. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your pistol after the servicing by Walther.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I applaud your pragmatic, patient and calm outlook on the situation. It always amuses me when posters on gun forums describe a problem with their new gun and immediately launch into a tirade with statements like "this gun is a piece of ****" or "how can a big name like XYZ produce such crap and let problems like this through their QC inspections" or "I'll never buy XYZ brand again". There's no such thing as 100% perfection in any manufacturing/assembly process, no matter who the manufacturer is. Heck, the only two problems I've ever experienced with my new gun purchases were on a Sig and a Springfield - both very reputable manufacturers. But just like the OP, I received excellent customer service and the issues were resolved to my complete satisfaction.
Anyway, good for you for having a good attitude despite the inconvenience.:)
By the way my PPS M2 has been flawless through 1500 rounds. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your pistol after the servicing by Walther.
I wholeheartedly agree. While yes, it's a firearm and should function properly, nothing is perfect. If Customer Service hadn't taken care of me, I may have been a bit frustrated but I was just dealt a bad hand. Also, if I spent $600-$700 I may even expect a bit more but I bought a $280 gun and ran into an issue, not the end of the world. After renting 9 different guns, I fell in love with this one. The PPS M2 at my range has been rented 44 times as of 2 weeks ago and has been flawless they said.. That's probably close to 2k+ rounds through it.

TLDR; can't complain about QC issues if they're not widespread. **** happens, still love the gun and would easily buy a second one in a heartbeat if I needed to, lol.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You should get a report back with your firearm listing parts replaced. I got mine back in 2 weeks, starting from the day I dropped the package off and including the return trip home. I couldn’t be more pleased with their CS.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If only they knew when they'd arrive versus "should be here any day now" lol. I'm not that impatient, I can definitely wait. I was just hoping to hear others experiences.
I played this game for 30 years. Working for a GM dealer in the parts department we usually had most parts in stock. But every now and then, we’d have to order a part for a customer’s car in the shop. GM didn’t have the part, & neither did any other dealer within driving distance. So the part was on back order, & all we could tell the customer was “the day the part arrives, it will be installed in your car”. Have patience. I’m sure you have more than one handgun. GARY

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I played this game for 30 years. Working for a GM dealer in the parts department we usually had most parts in stock. But every now and then, we’d have to order a part for a customer’s car in the shop. GM didn’t have the part, & neither did any other dealer within driving distance. So the part was on back order, & all we could tell the customer was “the day the part arrives, it will be installed in your car”. Have patience. I’m sure you have more than one handgun. GARY
Actually, this would be my first and only handgun (for now). I'm sure the collection will grow.. Already started building an AR, lol. Like I said before, I have no problem waiting and just wanted to see what others experiences were based on the length of mine and glowing reports of 2 day turn arounds. I can imagine people are a bit more impatient with their cars.. That would be pretty frustrating to deal with for sure. My gun isn't as important as a car, lol. Thanks for your input Gary!

You should get a report back with your firearm listing parts replaced. I got mine back in 2 weeks, starting from the day I dropped the package off and including the return trip home. I couldn’t be more pleased with their CS.
Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I look forward to it. Can I ask what happened with your firearm?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can I ask what happened with your firearm?

Absolutely. I had separate issues with two PPKS pistols. The first was a simple broken rear site off my .32 cal stainless ppks. The 2nd, a Ranger PPKS, had the decocker/safety separate from the drum & extractor.

I sent in both slides in the same box and both came back in the time frame specified with the new site installed and new drum parts and new extractor on the other. Walther CS sent me the ship label to get the slides to them and paid for the return. I literally had zero out of pocket. Couldn't be more pleased!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.