Walther Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Because you already have it..... I didn’t say go buy one to do it. You said you have one and don’t enjoy shooting it. I was making a suggestion to help you better enjoy what you have.

Besides the pps is a better shooting firearm then the p365

i understand ya, Jaake. i appreciate your suggestion. i own them both. the sig serves a certain purpose for me better, that's all

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry I'm so late replying, but I'm using an Uncle Mikes holster. Its got a sweat blocker and is so, so comfortable sitting down. I can't see a Kydex being that comfortable. Maybe it is though. Can anyone enlighten me on how Kydex feels in the appendix position compared to a soft holster? I don't see the danger of a soft holster with the safety trigger, but maybe I'm wrong.

The biggest problem is it ejecting mag when I go to put in in the holster. It pops out about 50% of the time, and I know it's gonna do it when I draw it on day if I have to. I hope I NEVER have to use the gun for self defense, but the last thing I want is one bullet to protect my fiancé. She's the only reason I conceal carry. I'd protect her with all I have, life and all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not the only one who finds the 365 to be other than. I prefer the PPS M2 with or without an extra magazine any old day. My 365 lives in my glovebox, and I plan on trading it for the Walther stagger stack some day but in the unlikely event it never happens I will continue as is.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
But I repeat myself. As much as I love the PPQ, I never loved the PPS M1 or M2. Sold my two PPS M1s as soon as I could after getting my FIRST P365. Now own "multiples", carry one everyday. It easily outshoots the PPS M1s I had, not even a contest (edit- And yes I've shot the PPS M2 - not a great improvement in my opinion and still inferior to the P365). P365XL is great too, and the moldularity allows me to carry my P365X (P365 Slide on P365XL frame) which is perfect for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really liked my Classic. Once I got a 365; which I internally fought with myself for some time since I did not NEED another carry gun; it was a no brainer. More bullets in a smaller package and magazines without some snaggle-tooth floor plate 😀

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was fondling a PPS at the LGS today, but wasn’t enticed enough to pull the trigger - no pun intended. That said, and I realize this is an older thread, my EDC is a 365 SAS. I am not typically a huge Sig fan and I had some worries about it when I bought it, but I’m really liking that little gun. I find the trigger quite good. The SAS sight is obviously not traditional and takes some getting use to, but ultimately, this is a concealed carry piece, not a match gun. There are two things I’m not 100% happy with... the mag release placement, as already mentioned here, though I’m getting used to it. The other thing is the stiffness of the mag springs. I can load 4 or maybe 5 rounds by hand and I’m done. A mag loader is a must to get the mags to capacity. Wasn’t sure I would, but I like the ported barrel. Recoil is exceptionally mild - especially on a gun this size. Speaking of which, it’s no bigger than a PPK when it comes to concealment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After I've been having some "problems" with my PPS M2 concerning mags not dropping free and no working fix, I realized that I'd rather have a harder time pushing the mag release on drop free mags of higher capacity than having to manually pull out each and every mag from my PPS.

So I revisited the store and did some more in-depth comparisons. I walked out with a P365 XL. I have since shot it side by side with my PPS M2 (now sold) extensively.

Some observations:
The P365 is much smaller than the PPS, yet it holds 10 rds vs 6 rds.
The PPS M2 with the 7 rds mag is pretty much the exact the same size as the P365 XL.

On top of that, the layout of the P365s are way way better than the PPS. The are of course preferences of ergonomics coming into play, but objectively speaking: The bore axis is lower, the slide is lower and sits much lower on the grip (making recoil management easier), the sight radius is better relative the barrel length, the barrel length is longer on the XL vs the PPS, yet the slides are the same length. The layout is just better planned out for the size of the P365s, over all.

The P365 is like a shrinked full-size gun ergonomically, whereas the PPS is a full-size gun where the ends of the grip and slide has been chopped off.

When shooting for groups at 25 meters, I get almost half the group sizes with the P365 XL than with the PPS M2 - 2.5" vs 4.5". And this is with ammo optimized for the PPS M2, I have not had time to load for the P365 XL yet but I doubt I can do better. The barrel lock-up in my P365 XL is really rock solid with zero play.

The PPS trigger is better and the mag release placement is much better than the P365/XL. The P365 XL trigger is very easy to shoot well but it lacks a crisp break when the shot goes off.

The PPS also have more power in the striker. I don't know if this can be fixed, but my P365 XL struggles with hard primers such as military ammo, problems the PPS does not have.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I was never extremely impressed with the P365. I have large hands and felt tiny. I did buy the Springfield Hellcat to replace my PPS m2. So far I am still carrying my PPS M2. I have a little arthritis and the Hellcat has such shallow grooves that I could almost not rack the slide. I got the Slide Spider from arachngrip and remedied that problem. I have Talon Grips on both and I just like the PPS m2 better. I have polished the internals on both and both have outstanding triggers. The PPS is a tiny bit lighter and the Hellcat is a little bit crisper. I will probably be alternating between them.

I too, will keep the PPS M2. It is a great gun.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was never extremely impressed with the P365. I have large hands and felt tiny. I did buy the Springfield Hellcat to replace my PPS m2.
Each to their own... The Hellcat and 365 are both about the same size. The grip length is slightly longer on the Hellcat vs the 365 due to the 13rnd mags with finger extension on the Hellcat. Not sure if you tried the 365 with 10 or 12rnd mags, the 12rnd mag will give a better grip for larger hands. There is a 15rnd available as well, but, IMO, it looks terrible on teh 365 and starts to bring concealabilaity slightly into question.

In the field, the stippling on the Hellcat is harsh and uncomfortable. It bites into the hand in a slightly unpleasant manner. The seam between the bottom of the grip and the mag extension tends to rest right where your pinky sits on teh gun and constantly gets pinched as rounds are fired. Felt recoil on the Hellcat is more harsh. Just in general, to me, the Hellcat feels like a less refined, less enjoyable weapon to fire. It gets the job done, however.

As an aside, Magguts makes a kit to replace the internals on the 365 12rnd mag that changes the capacity to 14rnds.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I just automatically put the rubber Talon Grips on all my polymer guns so they all feel pretty much the same as grippy goes. Like you said "to each his own". I have several friends that have or have had the P365. Some love them and some sold them. Some really like the Glock 48. I on the other hand really like the PPS m2 and the Hellcat. I also sometimes carry the PPQ m2, as well as the P99 and P99sc. I just personally do not like the way the P365 fits in my hand. My main carry is still my PPS m2.
I also have the new Springfield XDs mod2 OPS with the Crimson Trace 1500 optic on the way. We'll see how I like it.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
As an aside, Magguts makes a kit to replace the internals on the 365 12rnd mag that changes the capacity to 14rnds.
I haven't had good results with Magguts, although it has been several years since I tried them. R&D from the manufacturer is usually the best bet anyway. JMHO.

All that to say, I really still like my PPS m2.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I just automatically put the rubber Talon Grips on all my polymer guns so they all feel pretty much the same as grippy goes. Like you said "to each his own". I have several friends that have or have had the P365. Some love them and some sold them. Some really like the Glock 48. I on the other hand really like the PPS m2 and the Hellcat. I also sometimes carry the PPQ m2, as well as the P99 and P99sc. I just personally do not like the way the P365 fits in my hand. My main carry is still my PPS m2.
I also have the new Springfield XDs mod2 OPS with the Crimson Trace 1500 optic on the way. We'll see how I like it.
You can put me in the same category with the P365. I wanted to like it. My brain told me to like it. But it doesn't feel right in my hand some how.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
You can put me in the same category with the P365. I wanted to like it. My brain told me to like it. But it doesn't feel right in my hand some how.
One of my friends ended up buying all the variations of the P365 over a 2 year period. He really thought he must like it. Now he is back to Glock 43x.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
One of my friends ended up buying all the variations of the P365 over a 2 year period. He really thought he must like it. Now he is back to Glock 43x.
It's funny you mention that. The G43x works better for me as well.

It's big enough for me to shoot pretty well but small enough to easily conceal. I feel the same about the PPS.

To each their own I guess. I'm not trying to convince anyone that I have it right, just saying what works for me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts