Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
The PPS is a FAR better gun. The glock is a far better system as in, much better after market options, triggers, holsters, etc....
I hear you. But, other than a holster and perhaps night sights what else does a PPS need? Now Glocks, they have all those after market options because they NEED them to rise to the level of a Walther or a Sig right out of the box.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The trigger in the PPS M2 is 6.x lbs pull and mine was very gritty. I sent mine to Bill Springfield in Colorado Springs, CO for a trigger job.
The results were outstanding! It is no longer gritty and the pull weight is in the 4 lb range. My groups have gotten smaller as a result. Took about 9 days and 75.00. Nothing beats a great trigger!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Slightly off topic, but when it comes to a carry gun, you don’t want to be the guy with a modified trigger.

First time someone gets shot, they will take the gun and ensure it meets factory specs. That’s why all I do is lube and clean up the actions (get rid of grit) but don’t make them light.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Slightly off topic, but when it comes to a carry gun, you don’t want to be the guy with a modified trigger.

First time someone gets shot, they will take the gun and ensure it meets factory specs. That’s why all I do is lube and clean up the actions (get rid of grit) but don’t make them light.
If I'm not mistaken, a lightened trigger will only become an issue if the shooter claims "accidental discharge" caused the shooting.

If a civilian shooter "owns the shot/shots", trigger mods are a legal non-issue.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
A modified trigger by itself is not gonna put someone in the clink, BUT the gun will be tested and compared to factor specs. It will be potentially part of the story that a prosecutor will build.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
If you check with an attorney or agency that specializes in defense cases for self defense shooters they all say to keep triggers stock.

Lawyers tend to be very conservative though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I never liked the G43...while lighter and a little smaller I found it more difficult to shoot well. The only glock I will CC is the G26. It shoots like a larger gun and still conceals well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is an old thread but I had to experience the G43 vs PPS M2 for myself. Had a G43 for EDC past 3 years with no problems. Easy to appendix carry. However, have a touch of arthritis in shooting hand thumb and found at range 43 really overly snappy and harder to rack slide. I saw a PPS in case at my local range/dealer and he let me try it to shoot 25 rounds. OMG I wish I would tried a PPS when looking for CC. The PPS is easier to rack, was a noticeably softer shooter and more accurate. Also felt better in my hand. 43 feels blocky, PPS has excellent ergo. While 43 has aftermarket cornered, I have always (58 years) preferred out of the box firearms. Just me.
Immediately sold the 43 and ordered and got a PPS in 3 days, even in this crazy COVID-19 time of hard-to-find handguns. Love how the PPS shoots. My bad for not trying it before I bought a 43. Nothing against the 43, but PPS is a superior shooter. Shoots like my P99 and PPQ. I‘m a Walther guy and should have known better. I didn’t like the looks of PPS when I bought the 43 but looks certainly are deceiving. Love my PPS. Going to EDC in a Dara custom kydex when it gets made for me, appendix carry as I have now for years.
Live and learn!

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to hear how happy you are with your new PPS M2. I like mine as well. Considering size, features, and quality I think Walther did an excellent job on the design of this gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a G43 that I carried off duty religiously for 3 years and that replaced a G26 which I had carried for about 12 years. I definitely met the "GLOCK guy" threshold and when looking for a single stack pistol, I just went to GLOCK, didn't even consider other brands. Always liked the Walther PPS and a buddy of mine who had sold his 43 was looking for a replacement. I told him about Walther and he ordered the LE package straight from Walther for $350. My buddy shot a few rounds through it and got tired of it and asked me if I wanted it. I had liked it so, I bought it off him and took it to the range. First off, the trigger was far superior to the G43 and with the 6, 7 and 8 round mags it was just a very well designed platform. I ended up turning the G 43 (with a TLR 6 on it) into a home defense gun and the PPS became the off duty gun. The real hang up with the 43 is capacity, having to buy after market extension is just not a good plan. I use the VICKERS +2 and so far so good but I fault GLOCK for never just making a longer mag with a slide on adapter to extend the grip. If I had not been so brand loyal I would have bought the Walther first and been content with it.

My two cents
Dennis P.
Also, I like to keep things stock, not so much for liability but for reliability.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts