Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably picking up a PPS M2 tomorrow (as my Walther family needs anew member) but just curious if anyone here had compared it to the Glock 43 overall and for carry? Of course the Glock has a lot more aftermarket options available for trigger work etc but just wanted to hear from those who've compared. I may want to get the G43 as well either now or later. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The M2 to me felt way more solid to me.

Not sure of everyone else's experience but it is also harder to rack the slide on the M2 but I like that since I don't think loading a projectile into a chamber should be that easy.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Ive shot both and greatly prefer the PPS. The G43 feels awkward to me. Sure the G43 has more aftermarket stuff but the PPS really doesnt need anything other than a good set of night sights which are readily available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The M2 to me felt way more solid to me.

Not sure of everyone else's experience but it is also harder to rack the slide on the M2 but I like that since I don't think loading a projectile into a chamber should be that easy.
I agree with this, but you won't find many if any pistols that are as easy to rack the slide than a Glock.

The G43 is smaller and easier to EDC. However, the PPS M2 has far superior ergonomics. Glock has a much bigger accessories market. With that being said, if I didn't already own a G43 and was in the market for a pistol in this category I would hands down select the PPS M2.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Glock is more left hand friendly. The mag release can be reversed the PPS M2 cannot. The Glock has more aftermarket stuff and magazines are cheaper and more readily available.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I much prefer the M2 to the G43. I’m a southpaw and Glock owner, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Decisions like this can only be best decided by trying both out and seeing if one works best for you. Both are excellent. The Glock 43 is considerably lighter than the PPS due to the PPS having the steel sub frame but that also makes the PPS a softer shooter and most likely more accurate too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't try the PPS [email protected] anywhere around here - none to rent. Used a G43 plenty. It was fine. For the price and my satisfaction with the Q5, PPQ, PPK, PP, etc., I'll probably go with the Walther. Never seen a 43 for $300.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Walther $273 Grab A Gun........I shot my friends 43 against my PPS M2......I'd pick the PPS M2 hands down, in fact my friend did also and sold his 43 and bought a PPS M2........
Congrats. To think many folks are paying almost twice that for a G43, which is not close to being twice as good...parity, at best, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ordered the Walther - looking forward to it next week!

It's a fantastic deal at that price, I was going to buy a second one, I've had my PPS M2 for maybe 2 years now, I paid a lot more money back then.....

You'll love it! Grab A Gun is fast to ship and cheap shipping also, I've bought 6/7 guns from them. Good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
I shoot both the Walther PPS M2 and Glock 43 about the same with tight groupings. Both are narrow and easy to carry with the Glock being lighter. The Walther grip feels more comfortable.

The Walther has the 6, 7 and 8 round Mags plus the glow night sights.

With the G43 I have 4 mags with the added Piece +1 finger extension giving me a capacity of 7 and 1 Mag with the Ghost +2 giving me a capacity of 8. We have run hundreds of rounds through each mag without issue. We have added Glock night sights.

I don’t have a problem carrying either one. I would trust my life with either pistol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the PPS M2LE and love it. Never shot a Glock and don't ever plan to shoot one. Have no desire to shoot one let alone buy one. I'll stick to my five Sigs and five Walthers. Glock knows what their guns are worth and thats why they don't warranty them for more than 12 months.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Tried about 7 single stack 9s before I settled on my PPS Classic. Shot it best. Love the striker indicator, makes reholstering MUCH safer. Guns & Ammos video review of all of them clinched it for me. Havent ever had a problem, shoots like a dream, and carries really well. And at nearly half the price of the G43 the Glock makes no sense to me unless you're a Glock fanboy.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The PPS is a FAR better gun. The glock is a far better system as in, much better after market options, triggers, holsters, etc....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts