Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a PPS m2 and threw a set of trijicon HD night sights and I'm having some POI shift. The gun shoots about 1.5" high at 10 yards. Anyone else have this issue? I have a set of meprolights on my PPS Classic and I can drill a 3" target at 50 feet all day long. I'm beginning to wonder if the trijicon sights or the m2 were a mistake. I will say that installing the trijicon HD sights were a breeze with the set screw in the rear instead of that round spring thing in the meprolights.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I didn't think that the PPS sights had a set screw. I thought that those were the PPQ sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PPQ has a screw for windage adjustment. The trijicon HD Set for the PPS has a set screw on top of the rear sight to keep the sight from moving. It's a lot easier to install because it's not using just the dovetail to keep it put.

·
Premium Member
14,267 Posts
I don't have any trijicon HD sights. Do you push the rear sight into the dovetail with your finger/thumb? Or do you have to use a hammer and a drift or sight pusher?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did have to use a delrin punch but it's not super tight. Nothing like installing the meprolights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ease of Install

Ill be running the same set-up this week. I’m glad to hear that the install went well. I’ll be counting on that screw to hold the rear sight in place while I shoot it from a bench rest. Once I’m satisfied with the windage, I’ll loctite the rear in place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In the world of self defense 1.5" at 30 feet is not a real big deal. Remember that most self defense encounters happen at 7-10 feet and the vast majority of people don't use their sights in this situation. I think you are fine. If you are using the top of your sights as your POA you can file down the top of your rear sight to make it shoot POI and just cold blue the metal with a touch up pen. Your other option is to order tritium sights from Dawson Precision and they will make them to your specific height request.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-...charger-sight-set-tritium-rear-tritium-front/

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trijicon Sights

I bought a PPS M2 LE. The counter person at the gun shop told me it had night sights. It had phosphoric sights (not really night sights) they worked fine at the range with the lights on. I had a gunsmith install Trijicon HD night sights model (600743) for $180.00. They shoot slightly high at 25 feet. The rear sight has a sharp beveled edge, and is not ideal for CC. Although, the front sight is very easy to see with a large orange dot with the green tritium dot in the center. The rear sight has a rounded "U" notch which works really well. The sights are a little higher then the originals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts