Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new PPS M2 the other day and took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. Not a hiccup, but the trigger was not smooth on the take up, kind of jerky and the break wasn't smooth and felt like it was about 7 lbs of pull.

Is this normal, or will the trigger break in to be a smooth as those that rave about on the Youtube videos?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought mine new and never noticed anything about the trigger that caught my attention. I'd also either take it back to either your LGS where you purchased it to get an opinion, another GS to get their independent assessment, or ask Walther CS to look at it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As purchased mine was terrible.
I got a trigger job on it and it's about 4.5 lbs and smooth as butter!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bill Springfield in Colorado Springs, Co. Was
75.00 for the trigger job and return shipping. Excellent work and it’s my “hot” carry gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My PPS trigger was real gritty but I really didn't know what to expect. Ran 800 to a thousand rounds through it and it improved. Then at about 3 months old the sear pin started walking out so I returned it to Ft Smith for warranty work. They replaced the sear housing, the trigger housing, and the sear pin. When it came back to me the trigger was smooth as silk. I guess I got a free trigger job for the hassle of having the sear pin screw up. And well worth it too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it to the range again and the trigger is still not up to par. While there I checked out the S&W Shield 2.0, the trigger on that is really really nice.

They had a rental, but it was a Shield 1.0 tried it out and shot that better with it then any other single stack 9mm I have ever shot. Mild recoil, grip fit my hand with the 8+1 magazine even better then the PPS M2.

Sorry Walther, tomorrow you and my Glock 43 are going my LGS to be put on consignment and I'm getting the Shield.

My PPQ, well that's another story, never found a nicer full size piece then that!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its all kinda funny . . . . production guns . . . especially triggers
I have these and have done to trigger
S&W Shield 1.0 9mm . . very gritty pull . installed trigger kit . . nice.
Glock 43 . . . studder step pull . . . . installed vickers lever . . . nice.
PPS M2 . . . . nice pull right to release . . . nothing done.
Luck of the ? ? ? draw ! ? :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm sure many others have noticed and or experienced. That POLYMER pistols don't like lub / oil on Polymer trigger parts. Keep the plastic parts dry, if oiled
they are like fly paper with grit, so keep'em dry. Only use minimum lub on trigger metal parts, that touch other metal parts. , I was raised on
"plenty of lube here please" for 1911s, m14, etc. The newer Polymer pieces just don't need it. Sorry but we still don't get out of cleaning the barrel & slide. :(
I use a brush and cloth to clean the lowers after a range trip, and every one gets a detail cleaning only annually. The G19 & G17 perform just great with minimal
cleaning, and lubed according to Glock. Try it . . . . even on S&W or Walther.
I have with good results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No help, but I'm happy with the trigger on my M&Ps, XD's, and my PPS M2. I guess that's because I realize it's not a competition or target shooting pistol, and that the trigger isn't going to affect me defending myself at self defense distances...

L.E. a d militaries across the world for decades have been successfully using worse triggers for centuries. Arguably, revolver and DA/SA pistols that are still popular usually, not always, have worse triggers than striker fired pistols...

·
Registered
43 Posts
No help, but I'm happy with the trigger on my M&Ps, XD's, and my PPS M2.
L.E. a d militaries across the world for decades have been successfully using worse triggers for centuries. Arguably, revolver and DA/SA pistols that are still popular usually, not always, have worse triggers than striker fired pistols...
Don't know why we ever quit using the matchlock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.