Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there has been a lot of talk about the trigger being gritty in the M2. Mine has a gritty trigger with 1000 rounds through it. I've cleaned it well and still no change. I read a thread discussing Glock springs and figured why not try it to see if this helps my issue. I've not received the spring yet but will report back when I do.

MY QUESTION - how do I improve the "break"? On my M2, there is some grit in the early stage of pulling the trigger... about half way back there is a LOT of pressure/build-up/resistance, whatever you want to call it. It suddenly just breaks and releases... to me its terrible! Like playing with a jack in the box.. i've got no idea when the break will happen. Also, when the trigger breaks it sounds like someone getting slapped in the face. Its ridiculously loud and I have practiced dry-firing and live-firing to help with the control. However, with so much slap it is difficult to keep the sights on center. I notice a mm if not less of movement, which down range can be 2-3 in. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Didn't we discuss the gritty trigger in this thread (
Firing Pin Spring )?

As for trigger break that is not related to the grit or pre and post travel. The break is strictly a matter of the mechanical link between the trigger bar and the disconnector. Obviously the trigger bar, sear housing parts and disconnector are set in motion by pulling the trigger and that's where the grit becomes noticeable. The PPS M2 was modified to change the disconnector from a Glock design to one that is proprietary to the CCP. The operation remains consistent with the M1 and Glock design but the disconnector surface is much different.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My concern is more with the break, not the grit. I’m hoping with continued usage the grit will clear. If not I’m going to polish the trigger bard and part of the striker pin (if I can figure out how to take apart)

I’d rather do myself and don’t want to spend 150+ dollars on trigger job.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
My concern is more with the break, not the grit. I’m hoping with continued usage the grit will clear. If not I’m going to polish the trigger bard and part of the striker pin (if I can figure out how to take apart)
First, remember the PPS is NOT fully cocked until you pull the trigger....the same as the Glock. That additional cocking force is what you feel "building" at the half way position. That sudden break is what most of us want.....no perceptible creep to the point of breaking. As for the striker pin.....as long as the striker spring is not compromised and function correctly and it is clear of buildup that is not your source of grit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t think that was desirable but different strokes I guess. Not trying to rehash same thing, just want to learn more about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts