Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Happened to pull the striker assembly out of my PPS M2 just because I had never done it before and wanted to learn more about how the gun operates and noticed a crack in what I believe is called the striker guide. The small plastic shroud that encompasses the rear of the striker.

I dry fired this gun a lot when I first got it because it was the gun that I learned shooting technique with, but I rarely used dummy rounds when doing so and I believe that may have led to this issue, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

I want to replace the guide, or even the whole assembly, but I don't want to send the gun in as it is my carry gun, so I will try to order the part. Out of curiosity, what would happen if the end were to break off? Am I right in thinking that dry firing is the likely culprit? If the striker were to land on a live round every time, would it even make contact with the end of the guide?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Email Walther's customer support the image in your post. I'm fairly certain they'll send you a replacement striker guide under their lifetime warranty. There's no need to send them the entire gun as the striker assembly is extremely easy to take apart.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Mine was cracked also. I contacted Walther customer service and they sent me a new guide free of charge. It looks a little beefier than the original one. I don't think dry firing is necessarily the culprit. I think the crack on mine was caused by letting the striker slip out when I was trying to put it back in the channel after cleaning it. That has happened to me at least a couple times, so I imagine that might have been the culprit, but I cannot say for sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I will contact Walther and see if they will send one to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you remove the striker assembly. I searched youtube without any success. Thanks

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
How do you remove the striker assembly. I searched youtube without any success. Thanks
To remove the striker assembly: use something (I often use a mechanical pencil or sometimes the end of a paperclip) to press in the little black square at the top right-hand corner of the back-plate and then slide the back-plate down and then gently release the pressure on the little black square that you were pressing in. You have to be careful with this part lest it just fly out. Then pull out the striker assembly. To put it back together: put the striker assembly back in, press the little black square in, slide the back-plate up and release the little black square. I hope that helped. I don't have any pictures on me at the moment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Indiana and chandler for your help and advice.

Reactions: IndianaOrdo

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 93179

Happened to pull the striker assembly out of my PPS M2 just because I had never done it before and wanted to learn more about how the gun operates and noticed a crack in what I believe is called the striker guide. The small plastic shroud that encompasses the rear of the striker.

I dry fired this gun a lot when I first got it because it was the gun that I learned shooting technique with, but I rarely used dummy rounds when doing so and I believe that may have led to this issue, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

I want to replace the guide, or even the whole assembly, but I don't want to send the gun in as it is my carry gun, so I will try to order the part. Out of curiosity, what would happen if the end were to break off? Am I right in thinking that dry firing is the likely culprit? If the striker were to land on a live round every time, would it even make contact with the end of the guide?
View attachment 93179

I just pulled mine out after watching the striker removal video for the first time, and cleaned everything, then when I was satisfied everything was clean “and dried”, I went to reinstall it and noticed mine was not only cracked, it was broken. I’m calling Walther customer service tomorrow and inform them of this. The PPS M2 schematics can be found here: http://www.carlwalther.com/views/PPS_M2_281_21_26_c.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts