Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PPS M2 with RMSC Shield Optic Model Number: 2805961RMS Caliber: 9mm Luger Barrel Length: 3.18" Overall Length: 6.3" Magazine Capacity: 6 & 7 Rounds Trigger Pull: 6.1 lbs. Height: 4.4"/4.9" Width: 1" Optic Included: RMSC Shield Red Dot

Is this gun offered without the optic but with the machined slide?
Will any other optic fit the factory machined slide?
Whats the best price this model going for?

Love the optic option but kinda spoiled with a DeltaPoint Pro , love it every way. I have 4 on different guns, with my eye sight cant shoot well without. just wondering?
Thanks for any info?

·
Registered
129 Posts
PPS M2 with RMSC Shield Optic Model Number: 2805961RMS Caliber: 9mm Luger Barrel Length: 3.18" Overall Length: 6.3" Magazine Capacity: 6 & 7 Rounds Trigger Pull: 6.1 lbs. Height: 4.4"/4.9" Width: 1" Optic Included: RMSC Shield Red Dot

Is this gun offered without the optic but with the machined slide?
Will any other optic fit the factory machined slide?
Whats the best price this model going for?

Love the optic option but kinda spoiled with a DeltaPoint Pro , love it every way. I have 4 on different guns, with my eye sight cant shoot well without. just wondering?
Thanks for any info?
to my knowledge, this is a one and done deal. I have not seen this gun offered without the optic pre installed. Shield makes another version of the same sight with a larger dot (8 MOA I think), But no other optic is going to fit this cutout because it is specifically for the narrow with of the compact RMSC.

Maybe someone else will correct me. I suppose someone could machine an adapter plate for other optic.

A Delta Point would be pretty huge on a single stack slide.

I really like the Shield sight. I would prefer the larger dot but Walther is only using the smaller.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wturri,
You're correct that any other RDS on the market today would be too big for the PPS. The RMSC is the smallest sight of its type.
No one else uses that adapter plate. So to use another RDS, one would have to machine a plate and elongate the cutout. You would lose your rear sight if you did that.

I like it just the way it is. I actually prefer the smaller dot. It's small enough to be very precise (though you really don't need that kind of precision for a carry gun) when aiming at a target. Yet, it is easy enough to see when shooting fast.

If it didn't have the sights co-witnessed, I wouldn't use it as a carry gun. I would never use any gun for carry if it did not have some kind of mechanical sighting system. Even though battery technology has increased greatly, I've had too many battery failures to trust my life to one.
I really like the shield sight too and wish they had used a coated glass lens. The spit and Tshirt treatment that I've had to resort to (in adverse conditions) with some of my other optics will damage the lens on the shield.

A DeltaPoint Pro which is a fine sight is waaaaay too big for this pistol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone thought of putting a cell phone type screen protector on the glass of the RMSC to protect both sides.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Red Dot

I know that it is a totally different thing from what you are talking about but I just wanted to mention the Crimson Trace laser. I have several red dots on my guns but one day I saw this Crimson Trace with a great price at a store so I gave it a try and I love it. This model is made specifically for the PPS M2 and it fits like a glove. It is obviously not meant as a hunting optic but then again the PPS is not a hunting gun. When you get this centered and zeroed in it is a hoot to shoot. I got the red laser (cheaper) but they offer it with a green laser which is supposed to be better for daytime shooting. Under normal lighting outside up to say 30 feet mine puts the bullet right where the red dot is. Plus it mounts on the under barrel part of the gun so it fit right into your holster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also got the Crimson Trace Laser for my PPS M2 and I really like it also. I especially like the button on the grip that turns it on immediately. Great product and it hits right where the laser is.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Light/Laser

I wish CT made a light/laser for the PPS like they do on my S&W PC shield, has a button on the grip that turns on your choice laser/light or both its great, green laser too, or red. I asked CT they said they have not made one yet for the PPS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts