Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an experience with the PPS fitted with the RMSC shield red dot?

If so can you tell me how well you like it and also is the red dot removable and on a template that will allow for other red dots to be installed?

I am very intrigued by this as my old eyes make sight alignment harder every day...lol

Sage Defense (I believe that is right) has some very interesting you tube videos on these.

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Does anyone have an experience with the PPS fitted with the RMSC shield red dot?

If so can you tell me how well you like it and also is the red dot removable and on a template that will allow for other red dots to be installed?

I am very intrigued by this as my old eyes make sight alignment harder every day...lol

Sage Defense (I believe that is right) has some very interesting you tube videos on these.

Thanks

I know that it comes with a plate to remove the Shield RMSc red dot and thenyou can just use the iron sights without a red dot. But, I do not believe that there are any other plates that it comes with for using other types of red dots. I believe you can only use the Shield RMSc optic with the plate that comes with it. There are no other red dot plates that come with it, and I don't believe that Walther offers any other plates either.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You won’t want another red dot on this anyway!!!

The red dot is set up to work perfectly with the gun and allows for Co witness.

If you haven’t used a red dot on a hand gun, don’t....cuz you will fall in love.

Once you start, everything else sucks 🙂

·
Registered
129 Posts
LOL, yeah, using a red dot sight for the first time is something like having a religious conversion. You become a zealot, start evangelizing everyone else who thinks you're crazy for spending that kind of money, and eventually everyone either converts or doesn't want to be around you anymore :D

RMSC is the only red dot that's slim enough for a single stack pistol, which hopefully means others will jump into the market in the future. Shield's normal RMS has a very good reputation so hopefully the compact version will follow suit. I'd love to see Trijicon get into the space -- hard to imagine they won't -- and I'd guess Sig will eventually make a "Romeo 365". That's all my idle speculation of course.

Walther's price on this RMSc PPS is amazing -- you'd never get the gun, the sight and the slide work done for this price.

Search recent threads here -- another user had an issue with his RMSc losing zero, and is presently waiting for Shield to either fix or replace it. I've otherwise heard generally good things about it though.

One point, cuz you will surely be asked "Why on earth would you put a red dot sight on a CCW gun??? Don't you know sights don't even matter?"

(Insert evangelism here)

I'm pretty sure that one reason why so many shots are missed in defensive encounters is that even well trained people instinctively lock focus on whatever is threatening them, and not on the iron sights. Flash sight pictures are good enough for fairly close shots, if you even see the sights at all.

But with the red dot, so long as the gun is aligned properly when extended, you magically see the dot appear exactly where you're already focused anyway -- the target. It's not a flash picture, it's a real picture. Both eyes, focused on the target, and bingo -- there's the point of impact in bright red light.

If the PPS were my primary carry, I'd invest in the RMSc version and keep my current one as backup (with laser). Presently my primary is a double stack with a Trijicon RMR.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I watched some videos and really see the benefit of the red dot, especially with my eye sight as I currently have 3 different prescriptions running at the same time. Makes focusing very difficult.

This should be fun

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got mine a month ago, love it... Nice upgrade to my PPS M2... Luckily my muscle memory brings the red dot up into my field of view and the dot is right there...

I am still playing around with it, but good to go so far... From a carry perspective, had to do some small modifications to my Stealthgear IWB Mini Ventcore to clear the optic... Your results may vary based on your existing holster manufacturer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts