Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the cover plate screws. I'm giving the gun to my step daughter who just got her concealed carry license. She prefers the Meprolight night sights I put on it over the red dot.

I called Walther and they sent me the screws for the RMSc not the cover plate screws.

Just trying to confirm that the design hasn't changed that the cover plate holes are staggered and that the cover plate screws are smaller than the red dot screws.

Does anyone know the screw size for the cover plate screws?

·
Premium Member
13,804 Posts
Roshi, I'd call em' back and tell em' they sent the wrong screws. Then explain again which screws you need and see if they can get it right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my plan for Monday. I was hoping to find a back up source. I've seen another post that says they are 4mm screws 8 mm long but no description of the thread pitch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The one
I lost the cover plate screws. I'm giving the gun to my step daughter who just got her concealed carry license. She prefers the Meprolight night sights I put on it over the red dot.

I called Walther and they sent me the screws for the RMSc not the cover plate screws.

Just trying to confirm that the design hasn't changed that the cover plate holes are staggered and that the cover plate screws are smaller than the red dot screws.

Does anyone know the screw size for the cover plate screws?
IMG_20190531_111815.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the slide to Home Depot today. The screws required are M3-0.50 x 8MM Flat Head Socket Cap Screws, but they only had full socket heads in stock. Those

I'll give Walther one more try before I order from Amazon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the screws for the slide cover plate. Walther customer service didn't know they existed. After they referred it to Walther engineering I got the screws about 4 days later. They are shorter than 8mm maybe 6 mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts