Walther Forums banner

PPS M2 RMSc - Co-witness Sight Picture

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Stogiegila 
#1 ·
Those of you who have the RMSc, where do you zero the red dot for co-witness, on the front iron sight dot or above it?

#2 ·
You don't zero for co-wittness. You just zero the sight for point of aim being point of impact. Because it is a reflex sight the dot can theoretically (there is some parallax with all optical sights) be anywhere in the window when looking through it and still be zeroed. Co-wittness naturally occurs when looking through the irons. As long as both sights are zeroed how they co-wittness is irrelevant.

Zero the irons first. Then as a starting point adjust the red dot dot so that it falls on the dot of the front sight when looking through the irons. Then, without co-wittnessing, adjust the red dot for accurate poa/poi. Then train.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
^^^^^Yeah, what he said. Don't waste time trying to get the red dot to overlay the dot on your front sight, as in co-witness. That means nothing and is a waste of time. Like lntw said, if you're running a set of iron sights, go ahead and sight em' in.

Once you've got your red dot adjusted (sighted in...POA = POI) you can move the muzzle of the gun around and watch the red dot sweep around in the window. The red dot is following the muzzle of the gun. You can put the red dot on your target and the target does not need to be in the center of your window.....meaning if the target is visible in the upper right of your window and you've got the red dot on your target, PULL THE TRIGGER.

Target and dot do not need to be in the center of your optic window to get a hit. The red dot follows the muzzle of the gun....tilt the gun up a little bit and you'll see the red dot more higher in the window....move the muzzle left a little and you'll see the red dot move to the left in the window. If you can see the target 'anywhere' in the window and the red dot is visible within the window and overlaying your target PULL THE TRIGGER.

Now, just exactly why do you want to worry about co-witnessing? I just want to have a tall enough front sight that'll allow me to see it when looking thru the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.