Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s been a while since I owned a handgun and earlier this year I got the bug again. I picked up a Creed, (10 round version, as I live in CT), and a PPS M2 LE. They are both FANTASTIC handguns, but the PPS is my every day carry and my absolute favorite handgun ever!

Some of my friends have Glocks and M&P’s, and while I feel confident that the PPS is every bit as good, (if not better), I have to admit that I am a bit envious when I hear of the customization/modification options available to those gun owners.

So my question is: besides adding an aftermarket sights, (I happen to like the sights that come on the PPS LE and do not plan on making any changes), what enhancements or modifications have you done, or are thinking about doing to your PPS?

Also, I would appreciate it if you could also explain why you made the enhancement.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a PPS M2 LE, too, & believe it a better pistol than the Shield or the G 43. I don't think it needs a thing to enhance it, but more ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
For the Creed: sell that craptastic gun.
For the PPS: Rubber Talon Grips and Meprolight night sights. Maybe a new guide rod assembly by BT Guide Rods.
The PPS M2 is a great gun. Aside from the QC issues and poor engineering. Watch for the barrel being damaged by the trigger bar. While true that the PPS M2 is superior to the Glock 43, or any Glock for that matter, and the S&W M&P Shield 9mm...But it(or any gun listed)is not a better gun than the S&W M&P Shield chambered in 45Auto.
Source: Me. Ownership. Experience.

Who cares what your friends have, you should be more concerned with getting the hell out of New England.

It’s been a while since I owned a handgun and earlier this year I got the bug again. I picked up a Creed, (10 round version, as I live in CT), and a PPS M2 LE. They are both FANTASTIC handguns, but the PPS is my every day carry and my absolute favorite handgun ever!

Some of my friends have Glocks and M&P’s, and while I feel confident that the PPS is every bit as good, (if not better), I have to admit that I am a bit envious when I hear of the customization/modification options available to those gun owners.

So my question is: besides adding an aftermarket sights, (I happen to like the sights that come on the PPS LE and do not plan on making any changes), what enhancements or modifications have you done, or are thinking about doing to your PPS?

Also, I would appreciate it if you could also explain why you made the enhancement.

·
Registered
185 Posts
+100 Talon (the rubber not the sandpaper ones) grips. Best thing since sliced bread. I wound up putting them on all twenty plus of my guns. I bought the big sheets of it and put it on the forends of my long guns. I even wrapped the handle of my Surefire M900 with it. I use my PPQ like a stress ball now :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the Creed: sell that craptastic gun.
For the PPS: Rubber Talon Grips and Meprolight night sights. Maybe a new guide rod assembly by BT Guide Rods.
The PPS M2 is a great gun. Aside from the QC issues and poor engineering. Watch for the barrel being damaged by the trigger bar. While true that the PPS M2 is superior to the Glock 43, or any Glock for that matter, and the S&W M&P Shield 9mm...But it(or any gun listed)is not a better gun than the S&W M&P Shield chambered in 45Auto.
Source: Me. Ownership. Experience.

Who cares what your friends have, you should be more concerned with getting the hell out of New England.
Leaving New England is #1 on my 5 year plan!

Why do you suggest that I sell my ‘Craptastic’ Creed? I think it’s a great gun. Shoots well, fits perfectly in my hand and I haven’t read a single negative review. My only wish is that I could utilize the higher capacity mags. #connecticut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Leaving New England is #1 on my 5 year plan!

Why do you suggest that I sell my ‘Craptastic’ Creed? I think it’s a great gun. Shoots well, fits perfectly in my hand and I haven’t read a single negative review. My only wish is that I could utilize the higher capacity mags. #connecticut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. If it works well for you and is reliable don't worry what someone else thinks. The only reason I don't own a Creed is I already own a P99AS and it's more capable in roughly the same size package. Enjoy your PPS+Creed combo!

·
Registered
52 Posts
All I normally do to my carry guns is upgrade the sights and put on rubber talon grips. So far, on the PPS M2 LE model, I haven't seen the need to do either of these things. The grip is fine as it is for me, and I actually like the sights on the LE model so far. I still may upgrade to some Trijicons at some point, but I don't feel the need to do it right away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To revive this old thread,
if you upgrade the LE's phos sights with Trijicon HD sight, I can see the LE doesn't have the screw used for adjusting the rear sight.
The HD needs this screw and the plunger for installation. I can't see if the plunger is in place beneath the phos rear sight? Has anyone remove the phos rear sight and noticed if the plunger is in place and/or is it machined to accept the spring & plunger?
If not, I'll need the screw and the plunger and spring...correct?
Where can I find them?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The rear sight is secured by a roll pin that gets pressed into the bottom of the sight. The slide has a ramp milled into the sight dovetail. Remove the old sight from left to right. You will probably need to contact Walther USA to get the plunger and spring. Or you could place an ad in the WTB subforum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ll nibble at this old thread just because I have been tinkering lately. I got a good deal on the DPM “Recoil Reduction” system for the PPS from OpticsPlanet and I do feel a difference. I sold a PPQsc because the PPS shot better, hands down. It felt like there was less recoil, or at least the PPS managed the recoil better, so I wasn’t really chomping at the bit to change anything, but I’m glad I did.

Other than that, I painted the back of the striker indicator red like the PPS M1’s are.

There’s a guy in town who ports barrels and slides... it’s only money right?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I have owned M&P. S&W, Beretta, Colt, Taurus, Remington 9mm pistols and now only own a PPS M2m which is my favorite of all the guns I have owned. For me it is the perfect SD gun with the best ergonomics I have ever felt.

I do not modify any SD pistol. I shoot it before I buy it, and if it does not please me in any way, I do not buy it. I believe that Walther (and most others) design their gins for accuracy and reliability. I do not second guess that by changing springs, triggers. etc. If I owned a range only gun I might since the target is not going to shoot back at me. So as-built is good with me.

But I did make an addition that will not affect performance of the gun. Instead it affects my performance with the gun. I added a Crimson Trace Green Laserguard, and I love it. If you are interested in why I added the laser and how I bore-sighted it you will find the thread here

·
Registered
78 Posts
Traction grips and that's all. Great carry gun. I did loose one the rear sight dots at around 400 rounds. I called Walther and they sent a new rear sight. I took the second dot out and dabbed the rear sight flat black. After 300 rounds that way, I'm keeping it as is. It's no less accurate and my eyes find the single front dot much quicker now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
To me Talon grips are analogous to having a child. Before I had a kid, I was like meh my life is pretty good right now I could take a kid or not what's the big deal? But after I had one I can't imagine my life without one and thank God every day that I do. All my guns felt OK before I put Talon grips on them, but now I can't imagine them without them. When I order a new gun, I will have already ordered the Talon grip for it before I even get the gun. Heck there not even $20.00, as Trump would say about switching from voting Democrat to Republican, what have you got to lose? PS: I am not affiliated with Talon grips in any way :). Here is one of my AR's with Talon grip material wrapped around the forearm and a Talon grip on the pistol grip:

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
My experience with Talon Grips is this.... they feel good but don’t last anytime at all. Gets hot, they slip, cold, they start to peel at the seam. Extended training session(s), they start to slip then it all gets sticky. Had an instructor make me take a set off of a G19 before he would let me in the class. He said they will fail and could cause an accident. Off they came. Talons are a good idea but not practical for day in, day out use over any extended period of time. An yes... I installed them correctly. I think if you ask any true operator or instructor they will say NO to them quickly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts