Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about how tight the PPS M2 is when in battery. If you grip the top of the slide and the frame do you detect any movement between the frame and slide? I do have movement on mine and I am wondering if it is why my groups are not very tight. In other words is a sloppy lockup contributing to inaccuracy? My Glocks are very tight with no play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I understand, the tightness of the lockup between the slide and barrel has the greatest effect on accuracy, not the lockup between the slide and frame.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
My slide is tight. Check to see if you have the recoil assembly set correctly. Some owners are seating it too deep and then experiencing inaccuracy. We had a thread on that recently with photos. I will see if I can find it and link to it.

This is the link to the thread I mentioned above.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/118146-out-box-pps-m2-issues.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

There is a ledge but if you don’t set it in the valley it may not be centered when you re-install the slide in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
What the manual does not tell you is the factory recoil rod was a hair too short and will shift when reassembling the slide to frame. I replaced mine with a BT assembly which has a longer rod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What the manual does not tell you is the factory recoil rod was a hair too short and will shift when reassembling the slide to frame. I replaced mine with a BT assembly which has a longer rod.
So there is a known defect?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
So there is a known defect?
It's not agreed to by Walther and there are owners who continue to use the factory assembly. If you search for threads on the subject you will find that a number of owners purchased after market assemblies just as I did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My RSA is 64 mm long. Can someone tell me what constitutes a RSA that is too short? Let’s use data to continue the discussion.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I'm using the OEM Walther spring assembly and have never had a moments problem from the weapon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My PPS's factory RSA is 64 mm from the rear flat to the front coil of the large spring, and 65.5 mm overall. The Lakeline aftermarket RSA that I had ordered is similarly dimensioned.

Both fit with no problems in my PPS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all. There is quite a lot of discussion about the issue on the forum regarding the RSA. It’s not helping my confidence in what was my primary EDC.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

My RSA is 64 mm long. Can someone tell me what constitutes a RSA that is too short? Let’s use data to continue the discussion.
^^^This^^^

Thank you data is so much more useful than conjecture. I do not think the RSA is too short because if you insert it correctly it will stay in place upon reassembly. I have never had mine fall out. I wonder if the design has something to do with the excellent recoil control of the pistol.

In post #4 above I give the URL to a thread on the topic and it has photos of correct and incorrect positioning of the RSA. No one who puts it in correctly seems to have reported any problems in that thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^This^^^

Thank you data is so much more useful than conjecture. I do not think the RSA is too short because if you insert it correctly it will stay in place upon reassembly. I have never had mine fall out. I wonder if the design has something to do with the excellent recoil control of the pistol.

In post #4 above I give the URL to a thread on the topic and it has photos of correct and incorrect positioning of the RSA. No one who puts it in correctly seems to have reported any problems in that thread.
Thanks for the link. It appears that the instructions at that link and the Walther manual are not in agreement.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Thanks for the link. It appears that the instructions at that link and the Walther manual are not in agreement.

Actually they are in agreement. The print manual illustration is bad detail. If you download the PDF manual you see the details better and they are exacty what was recommended by the users in the thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually they are in agreement. The print manual illustration is bad detail. If you download the PDF manual you see the details better and they are exacty what was recommended by the users in the thread.
The picture posted is from the PDF.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts